Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ending on a high note

Last night was the first time in a while that I stayed at the gym for a full hour and did a complete workout. Cardio and all. My schedule has just been so busy lately. Plus, the added bonus that I am still sleep deprived and lacking some serious energy.

I got to the gym, learned that Wednesday is by far the busiest day there, and had to search high and low for a locker. Finally, a girl standing on the other side from me said, "There's one here." I rushed over there and thanked her. It always shocks me when someone does something nice for complete strangers.

Moving on. I changed, grabbed my stuff, refilled my water bottle and hopped on the first treadmill I came to. Following warm up, the aerobic room was jam packed, but I found a floor matt and went for it. Unfortunately all the 12 pound medicine balls were taken, so I was forced to grab the 15 lb. medicine ball. I was actually impressed with myself, and I will probably continue to use it in the future.

Then I did a portion of the workout that my trainer and I had done together last Friday. I hurt, but not nearly as bad as I had that day. Then I jumped on the elliptical for 30 minutes with the cross ramp at its max. All my old favs came on pandora. The best part, my favorite song came on as I was running my last two minutes. Great night, if I say so myself. Although, it did nothing for the fact that I am still beat from this weekend.

For this upcoming weekend, my top priority is sleep.

4 comments:

  1. then you should totally be at my house with the love seat and blanket. You will get all the sleep you need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding. I really do think that is the only place that I can completely pass out and stay out, that is until you and Panya start making fun of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll leave you alone- I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete