Monday, February 21, 2011

Officially Monday


I had completely forgotten about this picture until Mel sent it.
Cheese!
Last night was probably the best sleep that I have gotten in a long, long while. Apparently the secret is to get absolutely no sleep on Saturday night, get a 30 minute nap on Sunday afternoon, and pound your alarm 60 times the following morning. Needless to say, I dragged my butt into work this morning.

So, what happened this weekend? Cookout!

We decided to have a cookout for one of Billy's friends. It was her birthday the weekend before, and she had not celebrated it. So, Billy asked if they could stay, and I granted his request. Friday, they were suppose to come into town, but didn't. So, I went along and had my personal training session (which I am still in pain from), went to Wal-mart for some items including pillows for my guest, and then went home and finished cleaning. Later that night, I got a text from Billy...Maria wasn't coming. Too bad, on with the party!

Saturday, Billy came over around 2:00. We had lunch, got our items, purchased probane for the grill, and then sat on the wall by the river drinking Corona while the burgers marinated. How can you beat that? It was an awesome way to spend an afternoon if you ask me.

Five rolled around and people started to show up. I had Sarah N., Sarah S. and Nhut in the kitchen cutting and seasoning potato wedges,  and Darrin on the grill with the burgers and hot dogs. If you come to my house, expect to work. No free rides here.

After we ate, and had some of Melanie's muffins that she made for us (I love that woman!) we all grabbed chairs and sat out by the river drinking and shooting the breeze. Then Chris (Melaine's husband) came out to walk their new Dalmatian puppy. The girls went nuts and ran over there and played with her. Ena, the pup, got scared and hid. Poor little girl. The funny thing is that she and Mo have made great friends. They actually play together. It is the cutest thing.

Anywho. After that Mel, Billy, Darrin and I, decided to hit up down town. First stop of the night, Buddha. I had to get my bomb, had to, and it was delicious. Then we went over to 9d's since no one other than me had been there. They played songs that I had; (1) not thought of in forever; and (2) shockingly remembered all the words to. Then we headed over to see Hugh, who apparently doesn't work there anymore!?! I asked Paul what happened and he said that Hugh and his wife had split and that she still comes in the bar. Awkward to say the least.

Oh well, off to 8e's. It was a great time there. We danced, and danced, and danced some more. Then, Darrin and I couldn't find Billy, and apparently because he had snuck off the bar next door to use the restroom and ran into Junior. So, we headed over there and visited with him for a bit.

Finally, it was time to grab a cab. That was an interesting ride. The girl sitting in the front seat was telling guys off walking down the street. Two girls in the back seat sitting next to Billy passed out. All the girls had dropped and lost their phones under the seats, so we were using our phones and a flashlight to dig them out.

Finally we made it home where Chandler came and picked up Billy, because apparently their night wasn't over yet. The next morning though, Darrin and I picked him up at Dustin's, which I don't think Billy really remembers how he got over there. Dustin, Billy, Darrin and I then headed over to Transmet for a little pizza and topped it off with yogurt from Yoguri. In there they have little factoids on the wall and I had no idea that you could use yogurt rather than mayo. Learn something new everyday.

After an afternoon of the Hangover, relaxing and a nap, Darrin had to make his drive home. (Insert sad face). Then Billy and Dustin came over, had their Burger King, which I may have gotten a few fries from, and then I went to bed while Billy crashed on the couch. This morning, I couldn't get him to budge. So I left him the key and, again, dragged myself to work. I still got here early though. As an added bonus, the Girl Scout cookies that I order from my boss were on my desk. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment