Friday, October 1, 2010

Now that's what I am talking about...

I was at the grocery store rather late last night due to my hectic and unpredictable schedule. As I was walking out after having purchased my items and practically robbed the store with my savings, I saw a man walking in wearing a leather riding jacket and carrying his helmet. I was so relieved when I walked out and saw a motorcycle propped up in the parking lot. Finally, someone in this town who doesn't ride a scooter.

When did men stop being...men. I understand the convenience and all of scooters, but they are so feminine. Also, another plus was that his helmet wasn't gaudily decorated with airbrushing. He had a grown up bike with grown up accessories.

Now, I'm not saying that I don't appreciate a well dressed man, but what is with all the metrosexuals here? I want a guy to look good, but at the same time look masculine. He can drink a cocktail or wine, but he had best do it like a man. A cigar wouldn't hurt.

Additionally, I hate it, hate it, when I have a stronger hand shake. The other day someone came into the office to pick up a package. I handed it to him and shook his hand. It was a total and complete dead fish. What?!? Show some sort of effort here. Blah.

This is just a silly rant I know, but it really did make my night last night, for however short lived it was, just seeing this man, emphasis on man.

3 comments:

  1. Mike "da man" SchayOctober 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM

    Men stopped being men when women started demanding wussier men. John Wayne was replaced by Edward from Twilight. Men like Rick from Casablanca or Indiana Jones are not presented any more unless to be some form of parody. Women neutered men and then weep that they have no balls.

    I wish this was a world where I could dress more the part (a la 1950's) but alas it is not and I will try my best to be a man in a world surrounded by perpetual childhood. As for me I am going to go home have some nice bourbon on the rocks and smoke my pipe.

    Sincerely,
    Mike da Man (though some say old man, but eh can't win them all)

    PS
    I was really planning on ranting but when in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. I want a monogamous Don Draper. A take charge man. I am a take charge kind of gal and I need someone that can keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ew on the handshake. That grosses me out when someone gives me the milkshake.

    ReplyDelete