Monday, February 28, 2011

Penny for Your Thoughts

This weekend I had a lot of time to myself. Saturday, I got up and went for a run. Just like the first run of the season to show you just how out of shape you are. Although, in my defense, I do live in a hole, so it literally is uphill, both ways.

Anywho. On my way back, I decided to take a detour and ran into the neighbor next to mind that has a direct trail down into the lofts. I climbed down the hill, and started walking down the nature paths. I then sat upon a rock that borders river and just sat. I was thinking about my past year, what is going on now and the fact that soon I am going to have to bunker down and make a major decision. This truly is the turning point of my life. While I was out there, Sarah S. called and I told her what I was up, we discussed it for a while. Then, as if my brain had sent out some cosmic message, my  mother called.

I discussed with her the same things that were bothering me. Then, she went into freak out mode. Then, once more, I had to explain to her that things are different. There is a major generation gap between she and I. I told her to not compare her life to mine. When she was my age, she had been married for eight years and had two children. I had to explain to her that people are starting their lives later now, and not that I am acting adolescent or refusing to take the steps forward, but that I am still young. I have only been living out on my own for 7 years. Life takes a while to get use to before you can just jump in and take the reigns.

After getting off the phone with her, I scaled the cliff that is out on the trail. While I was up there, I happened to look down and found a penny. It seems someone else was thinking about me too.

3 comments:

  1. you have plenty of time! Better to take your time and get it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I would be less confused by this post if I had called you this weekend...this means you need to call me this week :) Miss Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you too Mel. Classes will be over soon and then our schedules will be better suited for meeting up. I miss your face!

    ReplyDelete