Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Laborious Weekend Part 1

Labor Day Weekend. The weekend where we are suppose to set aside all our laborious of labors and enjoy life, that and pack away all your white shoes.

Friday at work seemed to fly by, or at least I think it did. I can't remember honestly. I do recall getting out of work early since the Atlanta Office closed early. Woo. I got home to find Sarah N. waiting for me in her car. I pulled into the driveway and helped her unload her massive suitcase. You moving in?!? After that back breaking laborious activity, it was time for sushi with Mel.

We got there, ate and chatted and planned out our most excellent tailgate for the following morning. With excitement and such enthusiasm for the adventures that awaited us, we headed off to get the necessary items. Nothing a superstore can't fix.

When we first walked in, I saw the most awesome chair I had ever seen in my entire life. It was so tempting to purchase, although the hefty price tag was a big deterrent.



After purchasing our incredibly cheap beer, water (playing it safe) and our mega bags of chips, it was time to head home and load the car with the non perishables. Card table, check; chairs, check; food, whisk, bowels, plates, napkins, utensils, check. The following morning I loaded up the TV (that's right, I said TV) the super nintendo, the games, and we were off.


We got there in record time and found a great spot right next to Nick's truck. We began to unload the contents of Mean Green (that is the name of my car, and I am using it to peeve some people off here). After placing everything out, Sarah and I made a discovery. We had forgotten the beer! Our glorious 30 pack was still sitting in the fridge waiting for its chance at pong. How could we?

We rushed back over and collected it and also realized that we forgot the butter for the pancakes. Yikes, already off to a good start. Once all was made right again, we cooked up the pancakes, sausages, and began a little gaming. We waited, and we waited, and we waited some more for people to show up for this must see event.





Finally, Lindsay showed up, and without Dustin. Where is Dustin? He was suppose to bring the table for the pong. Oh well, we will have to make due. (P.S. Dustin, did you really not come because you were sleepy? You had a ticket and everything. Really? I'll forgive you, this time.)

The game was a great one, although, Nick preferred to watch the game and listen to the radio comments instead. So, there was about a five second delay. We would here "touchdown" and sit there with baited breath waiting to see it actually happen. Sarah was not amused.

After a short nap, realizing that I had a terrific sunburn and a short game of pong, it was time to pack up.

After a slightly longer, short nap, it was time to head out for the night portion of this fabulous day. It was so crowded down town. We ran into some familiar faces at Firehouse. Then I got a text and it was time to meet up with an old face. Billy! He was in town visiting some other friends of his, so we scurried down the street to see his little self. Of course he had to be hiding out in the absolutely packed bar. We tried waving at him, no good. Finally I squeezed by the herds of people and walked right up to him. Believe it or not, he did not recognize me. I know that it has been a while, but yeah. "When did you, what did you?"



After getting tired of being trampled, we headed over to 8Es. Wooo. There was a line. I had never seen a line there before. It was nuts. They wouldn't even let people pass if they were wanting to use the restroom. You could hang out on the patio and order from the bar there, but that's no fun. So let me in!



We ended the night on a high note. Or rather Journey did. Then it was time to head back home in prep for our next event.

2 comments:

  1. Where's Part 2?

    Oh, and I've decided to rename your car. Duh Duh Duh. How about The Teal Mobile! You would pronounce mobile like it rhymed with teal, get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on Part 2, and no, you may not rename my car.

    ReplyDelete