Friday, April 2, 2010

Mental Pictures


Well, there is no question about it. The Office is my favorite show, and everyone knows that. Do y'all remember the wedding episode where Pam was taking "mental pictures?"




I was thinking about it today. There are so many times that I wish I had a camera on me or someone had taken some pictures.




For instance, that time that Sarah N. and I rain through the sprinkles on front campus. You see, front campus was this long block that was really about two regular size blocks. We were coming back from one of our late night brownie trips when we noticed that the sprinklers were on. Straight across front campus, at the same time. We both looked at each other and without hesitation, went for it.




Apparently I made such a ruckus and was screaming so loudly that I made Sarah N. laugh so hard that she almost wet herself, apart from the sprinklers that is. When we walked up to our dorm, some of our neighbors thought that we were drunk. Why? It was so much fun. Our pants went straight into the washer, they must have weighed ten pounds on their own.




There was also that time when Sarah S. and I were painting her bedroom suit. It was getting late, we had a few beers in us, and eventually we had more paint on us than we did the furniture. When we woke the next morning, well, it was back to square one for sure.




Oh, and let's not forget the time that Billy talked me into going out on a Wednesday for "one drink" and sushi. That "one drink" somehow turned into four bars, two trips to the ATM and about three pitchers and one of those towers of beer. Needless to say, the next morning at work was a rough one. Thank goodness it was the summer and I didn't have class. Billy and Alison, who had also joined in on the venture, slept it off back at my house.




How about that time that the Sarahs, Ben and I all went to the Bill Engvall show. I had never laughed so hard in my entire life. We kept on looking at each other throughout the show and seeing all our faces bright red. Ahh, that was a good night.


The first time that I tried crab was hilarious. My mother is highly allergic to it, and so I had always been afraid to try it thinking that I might be as well. I couldn't take the pressure anymore. I took a benadryl right before, just in case, and had the dinner of a life time. It was so delicious. We sat there in Ben's apartment, Mike, Billy, Ben and I. Forgetting that I had taken the meds beforehand I indulged in a little beer as well. Hey, it was Cinco de Mayo my friends, don't judge.


Later that night, I was feeling lucid to say the least, and we ended up over at Sarah N.'s for her party to celebrate the Mexican Independence. She had never seem me that way. She exclaimed to them, "What did you do to my [Mere]?"


That was a great night for sure. I woke up the night morning asleep in her bed (she is a good mom too) and the guys had apparently that night lined up all the living furniture against her bedroom door as a prank. It was pretty funny.


My senior year in high school, it was the last football game, and it is a tradition for the seniors in the marching band to do something crazy during the half time show as like a little signature or what have you. In the middle of a standstill during the important part of a song, I just started jumping around in circles and kicking my feet in all directions. I made my friend next to me laugh so hard that she couldn't play anymore. The really funny part is that this game was televised and my parents were watching at home. Even though I was dressed like everyone else, and the fact that it is nearly impossible to distinguish one of us from the other, they knew exactly who it was dancing. I wish I had a copy.


I loved being the prankster. When Kev was a baby, I would drop ice down his diaper and he would go screaming around the house and no one would know what was wrong with him. Hahaha, yes I know, I'm evil deep down inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment