Tuesday, December 14, 2010

And Exhale

I can say that as of 3:30 today, I am officially done with the academic arena until next year. Granted, its early next year, but still.

Anywho. You are probably wondering what all mischief I have been involved in to be too busy to blog in the past weeks. Well, first I found out that I had gotten an "A" in Real Estate and was not needing to take that final. Thank goodness, one less thing to worry about. Then I had my Office Management Final and paper to turn in. Done, and luckily have already received my final grade, so one less thing to worry about. What's that you say? What was my final grade? An "A" of course. Would you have expected anything less of me?

Then I had just one more test to take that week before the big bomb was about to go off. So, while sipping on my vanilla steamer in my fav coffee joint, I finished up that project.

Then, as if I had barely shut my eyes, it was time to get up the next morning. It was 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning to be exact. Why would I get up at such an unholy hour on the weekend? The LSAT my friend. The time had finally come to take it. As I had posted on Facebook shortly following the exam, it was wayyyyyyyy to easy. Either I was not properly prepared, or I kicked its little LSAT butt. Results pending. Later that afternoon, I found myself driving to Frannie's house, strangely not feeling nearly as exhausted as I thought that I might have been. In spite of that, I did celebrate accordingly at her holiday party.


It was the bomb diggity, if I may say so myself. There was even a celebrity guest appearance. SANTA!!! The kids almost wet themselves when my sister was reading the last part of the "Night Before Christmas" when they heard jingle bells and the infamous "HO HO HO," coming from the front door. I have to say that it was nothing short of spectacular.

The next day I came home, after escaping Frannie's clutches. It had begun to snow on Sunday and was snowing rather hard in the town they live in. She was so worried about me driving on the possible frozen roads. She even said that she would call in for me and explain to my bosses that she, my big sister, had determined that it was not safe for me to drive and therefore would be coming in late. Ha, ya, I don't think so sis. Good try though.

Moving on, Monday I again found out some spectacular news at work, again which I can't discuss in public(ic), Ron White joke. Sorry, couldn't help myself. Anyway. That news however was short lived as soon thereafter I got a call from Frannie. Apparently our 84 year old grandmother has literally lost the will to live and has requested to be placed under hospice care. I know that this is what she wants, after all, the woman has buried a child and two husbands. I get it, she is ready to hand in the towel. She has lived a long and fruitful life, but one of her son's, my uncle, is taking it particularly hard. I am trying to see it through his eyes. How can you accept the fact that your mother no longer wishes to live?

Anyway, after dealing with that crap and sending Frannie warm wishes, as she is having to bare majority of the burden, I had to run off to Wally for some items before my last final. Pre-cal. Just should have had someone shoot me then and saved me the trouble. What trouble you ask?

I left Wally with what I thought were all my items. As I was putting things away at home and realized that one of the bags was already empty. "Okay, perhaps its in the smaller one. No. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

I ran out to my car in a panic trying to find the elusive item. As I lowered my head to peak below the barrier in the back of my car, I immediately felt the sensation of lighting and numbness at the same time rush through my entire head. I looked up and noticed that I was on the ground. The hatch door had come crashing down on my head and smacked it against my back bumper. End result, I have a sore mouth, nose, teeth and a busted lip. Granted, it does not look nearly as bad as it could have been, nor how it feels, but it does look like I let someone draw on the middle of my upper lip with a sharpie.

When I got back to Wally to see if the calculator was there and if they could either replace it or refund me, I also went to look for something to put on my cut. As I walked over to the customer care counter, the first thing I heard come from the only woman working the counter was, "I will if I EVER get a break!"

Things are looking optimistic already. She informed me that items left in bags at the checkout are the customers responsibility and that there was nothing that she could do. So, basically, I walked out of there with a new calculator, costing me $30 in total (gas, old calculator, plus new calculator) while someone got one for free and... as an added bonus, they didn't have any neosporin.

Getting home for the final time that night, one single tear came down my face as I unlocked my door. The only one from the entire ordeal. That night had just not been my night. I walked up the stairs to my room and changed into pajamas and searched through my bathroom for something to put on the cut. I screamed internally as the rubbing alcohol burned my lip. Sucking it up, I went down and fixed myself some dinner.

And that, in a very large nutshell was my week. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment