Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bouncing Mere (In Stores Now)

Last night, I was at the gym. (Like you haven't heard that before). I did my warm up, did my abs, which included cable crunches (which I love by the way!), and then it was time to sit out in the hallway by the door and consume my power bar. As I sat there and waited for the class to end, I recalled thinking, "Is that Rich in there? Oh well, must be teaching a double tonight."

Then I noticed that it was rather odd that I was the only one out in the hallway. Although, folks have been known to get there in the nick of time, so I really didn't think much more of it. When the class let out, I walked in, moved over to my bike and began to put my cycle shoes down when I was asked if I had read the schedule this week. "Um, obviously not I guess."

Class was canceled! Who does that? Who has time to get to the 5:30 class? I mean really. I can barely get there before 5:30 and change and all that. Grrrrr.

So, I asked him what I could do and that I had to do something because I had eaten that bar. So, I went out and got on the treadmill for 35 el minutes-o, and sweat was pouring down my face like a big fat pig. Thinking that was enough, I grabbed my stuff and headed over to the store.

I still had waaaayyy too much energy. I was bouncing up and down the aisles, jumping on my cart and riding down to the ends. Was way to perky with the cashier and manager. When I got home, I was jumping around my house while doing the smallest of things. I jumped all the way over to the thermostat to turn it on, I jumped over to the stairs to put my gym bag on them. I jumped over to the stove to start dinner. Basically I was hopping all over that joint, and scaring the crap out of the cat as well.

I couldn't sit/stand still. I was even jumping in the shower. I am sure that my neighbors love me now. Particularly Jake. He is the guy that lives above and below me. Its really hard to explain, but his kitchen is above my kitchen, and my bedroom is over his. Our stairs run parallel to one another. Our lofts are basically exact opposites of one another. Anyway.....

I am just trying to figure out how to get rid of all this energy. Especially since that time is approaching where I will back in school and my one class is conveniently the same time as spin. I will still be able to make to the weekend class, but what will I do in the middle of the week to get some good old fashion cardio? If it didn't get so dark so quickly, I would start running outdoors again.

Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?

2 comments:

  1. Were you quite literally jumping?

    And maybe don't eat a power bar next time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have known me for the last seven years. Are you really asking me a question that you already know the answer to?

    The power bar is suppose to keep my stomach from getting sick during and after spin. Remember how I always say how weak I am afterwards?

    ReplyDelete