Thursday, December 30, 2010

No Fluffing Required

It has been said by many, usually following my response to some mushy, gushy, overly sappy story, that I am just not normal. Particularly when it comes to expressing those types of feelings. Usually when my friends tell me stories of sweet things their significant others have done, I usually follow up with "vomit." I can't handle it. Can't take it.

I especially grow exceedingly suspicious of those who are overly complimentary. I can handle the occasional "you look nice today," but anything further and I get extremely uncomfortable. My immediate thought is, "what are you up to," or "what do you want?"

When guys in the past have tried to be super sweet or romantic to me, my gag reflex kicks in. I can hardly stand it in movies too. I will occasionally get those girly, high pitched cute noises out of me, but most times I have to cover my face with a pillow. Is that sad, that my reaction to someone expressing their love is the same as if their finger was getting cut off?

Even a slow dance sends me running for the sidelines. I can swing dance, line dance, and shake my booty anytime, anywhere, but when you crank up the ballads, I'm out.

It makes me wonder though. Is there something fundamentally wrong with me, or am I just quirky like that? Perhaps I need a sign on my back that says "Saps Need Not Apply."

No comments:

Post a Comment