Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pre Christmas Mania

During the past week, I had been unable to finish start my Christmas shopping. It was funny, I managed to order things for my boss and co-worker for Christmas seeing as they didn't have an online account, had then delivered and/or picked them up for them, but had done any shopping myself.

Finally, having finished a rather large/depressing undertaking at work (reviewing medical records never makes anyone happy) I had decided that this Saturday was the designated day. I decided to make the most of it. I went done to the same town that my sister lives in to do the shopping and to visit my grandmother (the one who just went under hospice care).

Sarah N. was generous enough to agree to meet me and help me with getting it all done. She kept me clam and collected as crowds freak me out. It was particularly crowded that day too! She even had to stand in a parking spot for me while I hurried as fast as I could to get there before someone tried to run her over.

After only a few hours, we had finished. We visit four stores and managed to get a little late lunch/early dinner as well. I am really appreciative for her help. Now I just have to wrap it all.

Following my departure from the outlet, I headed over to the nursing home. It is in some unknown vortex or something. It took me forever to find it and it was only 2 miles from my sister's house! Geez louise, I tell you. I visited with her for an hour. I hadn't seen her in what seems like forever. Trying to think back, I am afraid to say that it was probably last Christmas. She hasn't been feeling well for a long time and therefore hasn't been at many family functions.

After my visit, I then headed over to my BIL's aunt's house. Hung out there for about an hour. They had done their Christmas swap there and the kids were all excited with their new toys. My oldest nephew for instance was thrilled with his first, official ZuZu pet, rather than the kids meal toys.

Finally, it was time to head home. Boy was I tired. I got home and went straight to bed. When I woke this morning. I was ready to meet Sarah S. for brunch.

We ended up at Last Resort. Yum! And it was reasonably priced. I got stuffed french toast with bananas (which we all know is one of my favs). Expecting to get two little slices of battered toast, they brought out this leaning tower a la amazing goodness! I couldn't finish it and even Sarah had a crack at it.

We exchanged our gifts today since I will not see her until after Christmas. Unfortunately she has to work Christmas night. Stupid hospital!

Anyways. Now its time for me to wrap my gifts, clean my loft as it has been neglected over the last week, head over to the gym, and rest it up for tomorrow, and of course, catch up on my posts. (Yes Sarah N., I will blog about the Holiday Party. Be patient my friend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment