Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

I went to another spin class last night. I might have done some stupid things before hand though. I was done with my warm up and ab workout, but there was still loads of time in between then and when the class started. I didn't want to get cooled down, so I went on the bikes for a few minutes. Nothing to difficult.

When it came time to go into the spin room, my stomach was very upset. (I hadn't eaten a lot either). Well, while we were setting up the bikes and making all the necessary adjustments, the instructor was talking to others about his dog and how he needed a dog walker and such.

Then it happened, the lights went out, the music came on, and he put that little mic around his ear, and out popped Mr. Hyde.

Every time we would finish an exercise, he would ask the room how we were feeling. If we weren't enthusiastic enough, he would ask us to crank out the resistance and he would change the song to a more upbeat one.

Again with the faster, faster, and go! I could have died last night. It was terrible, but some how in a good way. When it came time to start winding down, he said, "And you're done, after that this next song." Geez man, such a tease. He also mixed it up from last time, which was good because if I get stuck into a routine, I'll be stuck from quite some time.

When the class was over, he was back to recruiting someone to walk his dog and he was all happy go lucky again.

I couldn't walk straight as I left, and I tripped over the trash can. Nice one Mere. In spite of my pain though, I did go home and mow the stupid lawn, AGAIN! I cannot believe that it had grown that much in such little time. Plus, as I was going, yellow dust kept flying into the air and getting my nose. Thanks pollen, really appreciate it. Not only are you covering my car and driveway with your particles, but now my nose.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing such a great job! I can't believe how hard you are working!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but the spin instructor last night might not say the same. I was pushing, but he keep saying "turn it up, you shouldn't be out of breathe." Really, really?

    ReplyDelete