Friday, April 2, 2010

Two words, SPIN CLASS!


Originally I was suppose to embark on this adventure with my boss, but she bailed on me. It was okay though, it was a work related semi emergency. I'll forgive her, this time.


Anyway, so, I go into the semi lit room (its got this rope light running the length of the back wall, that's it!). Seems pretty intimidating so far, and I haven't even touched the bike yet. There were three rows of bikes and a platform where he sits with his bike.


He seemed like a really nice guy until the music came on and it was time to go.


At first there was just a little warm up, which felt like a workout to me. I felt guilty because he kept saying to the room that we shouldn't be breathless at that point yet. Oops.


Then we got into it. There is this little knob on the bike that raises resistance and that knob did not sit still for any amount of time. It was always, "turn it up, turn it down, turn it up two full turns." Two full turns, you crazy man?


The absolute worse part... He would say, "a little faster, a little faster, GO! And at "GO" I had never seen my legs move that fast in my life. They were just a blur when I looked down. Like one of those road runner and coyote cartoons or something.


I also had never been so hot in my life and had goose bumps at the same time. It was a really odd sensation. The one thing that kept me going, other than my stubborn self and my goals, was the fact that in the dark and when he made those angry biking faces, he looked a lot like Bradley Cooper. Yum!


Hahaha, anyway. I felt fantastic afterwards. And my shirt was three sizes larger than it was when I came in. After wiping the bike down, I decided to go and work on my arms some. My body was so tired that even 20 lbs was almost too much. Geez.


I can't wait to do it again next week though. Pretty equals pain right?

2 comments:

  1. I took spin class once...and only once. Its crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I really did enjoy it though. Painful, but fun.

    ReplyDelete