Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Night Out at the Opera House


This weekend was an absolute blast! I was a little hesitant at first because I had heard from a friend at the bank that this was going to be the craziest weekend in Atlanta because of all the other activities and festivals going on. Eek!

It was fine though. We went shopping and my girls bought my entire outfit for the night out. (Strange salty liquid dripping from eyes, what is it?) It was very sweet of them. I told them that I wanted to push the envelope a little considering the fact that I am reinventing myself. They made my wear a dress for the first time going out. Every time, even back in college, I would wear pants and some sort of top when we would hit the town. And, the introduced me to leggings. I have not worn leggings since I was at least 8 or 9. I think that I might be hooked.

Look out short dresses, here I come!

Armed with my new hair cut, new outfit, and great company, we went out for dinner and a little Champagne. We reminisced about old times. How much everything has changed. Past relationships with old friends, the places that we had lived and trips we had taken together and such. We laughed and laughed. It was a great time. We even barely noticed what a terrible waitress we had and tip her well in spite of it.

Then we went to Flip Flops for some frozen drinks after which we headed for our final stop for the night, Opera House.

This place was unlike anything that I had ever seen before. They had set up in the middle of the dance floor three tables and one had a pole right through the middle. We all looked at each other and knew that this was going to be an interesting night.

In the beginning of the night, there was this older lady who jumped up on the table and started break dancing. It was hilarious and the funny thing was, she was good at it too! She was getting all kinds of cheers and hoots and hollers. It was so much fun to watch her.

Out on the patio there were Latinos salsa dancing. I tried to teach the girls, but we may have a had a little too much in us by then. This is when we also found out that in order to sit at the Opera House you have to purchase an entire bottle of liquor. No thank you. (Believe it or not, it was not me that was trying to sit!)

The next morning, apparently Sarah N. had tucked me in that night and I did not move once. I woke up exactly how I had fallen asleep. That's a first!

After a few embarrassing pics which were erased shortly thereafter, we were off to the Flying Biscuit! (I still don't understand why they were flying, but oh well.)

We were going to eventually try to make it to some of the Dogwood Festival, but that didn't happen. We ended up at Lenox Mall where, I, armed with a birthday coupon, hit up Bare Escentuals. I also tried on a romber that both Sarah's tried on. That's right, we wear almost the same size now. Woot, woot!

Weight Loss Update: I have almost hit my 20 lbs mark. Getting there. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog!

    Two things:
    a. It's just called Opera, not the Opera House lol; and
    b. How come you didn't mention the creepy guys that kept following us around?

    Next night out...Havana Club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course your first comment comes with critiques. Its okay though, I love in spite of that. And hells to the yeah for Havana.

    ReplyDelete