Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ringing In 2011

At first I was going to wait until posting about NYE since the pictures are currently stored on Sarah S.'s camera. But, then I just figured that I could go back and add them later. So...

It all started on Friday where I slept in until 9. Woot! It was like I was back in college, right? Okay, maybe not, but it felt great. I then went down stairs, made myself some breakfast and then tackled the Christmas decorations. That morning I accomplished the impossible, a feat which I was unable to master last year. I got the tree back in the box and was able to close it! Last year I had to duck tape it closed and it still didn't stay that way. Points for me.

After all the holiday decor was packed away and my apartment was back to normal, I went upstairs and still charged with the cleaning bug dusted everything, including that lamp in my stair well. For those of you who don't know, this particular lamp hangs about 30 feet in the air and I had to lean over my railing in the office with a duster to reach it. I ended up just banging it and the dust fell off. I didn't want to over extend my reach, I could have go overboard, which would have ruined this entire story. Ru-ined!

Then it was time to get ready and meet up with Jenice. You all know how that story went by the pics from my closet. Yay! On my way back to town, I decided that I was super thirsty and stopped by Zaxby's for a large sweet tea. Boy howdy do they mean large. I couldn't finish the stupid thing. It just kept going and going.

Later that afternoon I had a randevu with my folks to get my little brother since his car was having repairs done. Then we loaded up the three pounds of crab legs that I had bought, the bottle of champagne, and our outfits and we were out the door to Sarah's.

When we got there, Ben was already cooking two pounds of crab legs. Eek. So then he added one pound of mine and we decided the save the rest for later. That meal was to die for, which is great because I thought that I was. I did take half a anti histamine right before dinner, but there was no real noticeable reaction that I could tell.

Then we sat and waited, and waited, and waited. The cab driver never showed up. So, since Kevin hadn't been drinking yet, he drove us downtown in my car. Off to the masquerade party we were. We couldn't get the guys to wear the masks, but Sarah and I did. It was a great night, and apparently we had picked a great spot to stay because some friends of ours had shown up saying that everywhere else was popping at the seams. We ran into Ohara, Justin, Jordan, and some of Ben's friends, which I can't remember their names. Sorry.

When it was getting close to midnight, Ben had bet Kevin ten bucks to go find some chick to kiss him right before midnight. In wanting to help him succeed, I was on the search as well. But, he didn't seem to be too into the idea. Finally, when the countdown began, we raised our glasses, sang Auld Lang Syne and pissed Ben off. Why is that? Because I stole the first kiss of the new year from Sarah before he could. Muahahaha.

The cab drive home, there are no words. The most redneck, redneck individuals we had ever met climbed in after us and rode the entire time to all stops talking and smoking. The big deal was that they were staying at a hotel downtown. So, why were they in the cab? The woman's ashes almost lit Kev's coat on fire. Eek. When we got back to Sarah's, the cab driver pulled a switch on us. I had handed Kevin the money for our portion of the ride and had gone inside. Well, ten minutes later, Kevin came in. I asked what took so long, he said that the driver had changed her price to $15 per person rather than the 10 she had quoted us earlier. TO make sure that she got the money, she had a "bouncer" in the front seat. Shaddy indeed. Needless to say, they didn't tip her.

The next day, I woke at 7, but others didn't begin stirring until around 10. Kevin was the last to get up. I ran back the room he was staying in, saw that he had locked the door. So, I went into the kitchen for a utensil to pick the lock and scare him. Well, he must have heard me because the second I got the door open, he smacked me in the head with a pillow. Arggggg.

We ended our morning with our party at Five Star Day. Great place, but it is always packed. I am glad that I got to spend the new year with some of the most important people in my life. Looks like 2011 is off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment