Sunday, January 2, 2011

Closet Freak

This Friday, seeing as I was off work for the New Year, I decided to go shopping. Knowing myself and my abilities to buy loads of clothes, not loving any of them and not the right sizes or proper fits, I decided that adult supervision was absolutely necessary. So, who was up for the challenge? My unbelievably smart, beautiful, kind and talented friend Jenice over at Style Me Libra.

She met me over at the outlets and all within one store, she completely pushed my envelope off the table and broadened my horizons. Aisle by aisle she grabbed things and told me that I needed to try them on. Picked colors that I would normally not chose, and... pushed me into a turtle neck.

For those of you who don't know, I have issues with wearing anything too tight around my neck. Shirts, dresses, necklaces, I won't wear if I feel they are too tight. Anyway, she picked out a white turtle neck and sent me off to the fitting room. I came out sporting the pick, and was soon informed that a medium wasn't cutting it anymore. That's right, I'm a small now.

Then, I picked out a dress that I really liked and was told, again, that my usual size didn't work either. Which one did I leave the store with? A size 6. That's right, a six. I haven't been that small since I was in middle school. Take that bitches!

Haha. Anyway. We had a great time. She made it so easy. When I got back to town, I went to the mall to find a pair of brown trousers seeing as we couldn't find any at the outlets. Not only did I come out of there with pants, but, yet another turtle neck and two other shirts for work. Jenice, you've created a monster.

I cannot wait until we get to do that again.



When I got home, I was so excited, I had to clean out my closet. I got rid of some things that were still lingering in there that shouldn't have been. It was great. I finally have a closet that I can be proud of.

1 comment:

  1. I has so much fun too and can't wait to do it again! I need to make an appointment for you to come to Buford and make my 3 closets look like yours.

    ReplyDelete