Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Adding on to the pile

As if I didn't have enough on my plate, I decided to add another task into the mix. I must admit that I "borrowed" the idea from another business here in town.

I decided that I am going to try and collaborate with a local non profit group to organize a memorial walk/run for the 10 year anniversary of Tara's death. Rather than place flowers at the arch and sit at home and try to keep my mind off of things, I wanted something different. This upcoming year needs to mean something, something to the community and to be productive and proactive.

Unfortunately the non profit that I was really interested in is no longer active, so I have contacted those I know at the police department, the newspaper and the DA's office for a little help. Some have gotten back to me while the others are scouring the state looking for something comparable.

If any of you happen to know of one, specifically, or preferably rather, a group that teaches young adults self defense. If you can think of one, please leave a comment.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment