Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Autumn Nights

Its amazing how much time can change things, or what it doesn't.

Tonight I was walking out of the library and it felt as though I had gone back in time. I immediately began remembering those late nights in the cold uninviting building with Jenice, Cyndi and little Lacy working on legal research. We would stay until the security guard decided that he was done updating his facebook and wanted to go home. Officially it doesn't close until 10, but he would kick us out when he was ready to quit. Great business practices right there.

I remembered what my thoughts were while I was packing up my books. I would be anxious about the time we had left to finish the projects at hand and the constant worry of whether or not we would get them done in time. I would then focus my attention on getting home, but only for a short while. After pulling into the driveway, I would be leaving again, to Ramsey for that night's workout routine.

Those were probably the hardest three months that year. Notice, I said that year. This year, although much has changed, will definitely be harder. I have the same professor, who, however easier she has said that she has made the class, its highly unlikely that it will be. In conjunction with that are two more classes. So, similar to last year, there will be many nights burning the midnight oil and closing down the gym.

I am excited about the fall's soon approach though. Each morning when I wake up and feel the cool air on my face I smile in absolutely glee. This is by far my favorite time of year. When the temperature is just right.

When I leave home everyday for work, I turn my ac unit off to save money. Well, last night it felt so amazing that I never turned it on. When I woke this morning, the temperature was 73 degrees in the house. That is awesome.

This season just has so many wonderful things that I am looking forward to. For instance, and although their run is pretty horrible this year, but I am very excited about my next tailgating adventure. Its a great time with great friends. I am literally counting down the days and screaming in horror at the state of my garage for prep of my move. Every night when I go to sleep, my head is full of ideas of where to place everything in the new place. I have decided, and in spite of my track record, that I am going to purchase lots of plants. Perhaps even my own majestic palm.

Besides packing, my main task at hand is trying to convince a certain someone, (ahemm, Panya) to cycle with me in November. Shortly thereafter he will be welcoming his 40th birthday. What a great way to ring in this new chapter in your life Panya. You should totally do it, especially for me, your favorite (and youngest) sister-in-law. Pu, pu, pu, please..........

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Pablo is going to have a distant relative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps, but he shall not have a name. He shall be tree, and he shall be mine. Look, I already have my "children" which consists of two robots who clean my house and do my bidding, and a cat who is the laziest thing on the planet. I really don't need to be naming anymore inanimate objects.

    ReplyDelete