Thursday, September 16, 2010

Never Ending Wednesday

Seemed like ages ago for me, but yet it lasted a lifetime.


Work was long and I had lunch with someone in the DA's office about better ways to organize a run/walk and how to go about finding an organization to collaborate with. Things are starting to come together on that front.



Soon, it was time to leave work for the day and off to start the evening.

My first stop on this journey was Andrea's. I had to dropped some things off from work and in the process, I met her new bundle of joy. Plus it was great to catch up considering that she has been out for a week. I don't know how she expects me to survive while she is on maternity leave.


After my little visit, it was back downtown. I parked in my work space (another terrific work perk, free downtown parking) and headed to a local clothing store. After trying a few things, not really being impressed with the inventory, I left and went to another shop just a few doors down. When I entered, I was on the phone with Sarah discussing the plan of execution for dinner, I walked over to a dress very similar to one that I already have and glanced at the price tag. I immediately turned around and walked straight out. Those people are completely out of their minds.


I then began my trek to our restaurant of choice for which I had a coupon, added bonus. On my way over there I found a penny. What luck.

That night was filled with laughter, heart felt convos and amazing tapas. Oh and the sangria, how could I forget the sangria? Soon, it was time to leave, so sad. I love the little moments that Sarah and I get to share, especially considering how difficult it is to get our schedules to allow it.

Then it was off for some grocery shopping. Having been inspired by Frannie over the past weekend, I entered the store with determination and lots of coupons. Although, if the item was not on sell and I did have a coupon, I still wouldn't get it if it wasn't really worth it. However, I did get some great deals. Organic milk for 1.00, that was probably the best coupon of all. I got organic soup, two for one, and organic juice for the same deal. Normally up the river expensive shampoo that I would never consider buying ever, just for a dollar.

Final savings total, 23.00. I had budgeted myself 70 and ended up 5 under. Amazing. Plus the fact that I bought more food than I have in such a long time. It was almost as much as I would buy when I was feeding two and for half the price. I am still in shock over it. Hopefully this can become a reoccurring phenomenon for me. That would be spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment