Friday, September 10, 2010

The Craziness that's in my head...

Well, its another frumpy Friday here. I really need to go fall shopping soon since nothing, and I mean nothing fits anymore. Putting it on my to do list for these upcoming weeks. I am also in extreme pain/soreness. Thanks Brian and Rich. You guys do realize that I need to be able to make home at the end of the day right? In fact, Brian kept asking me in between each circuit how I was feeling. Almost as if its a sick game for him. For shame, for shame!

Moving on, yesterday I was surfing the web and Googling (its so a word). Just for kicks and giggles and I put in an old name from the past. The results that came up... priceless. I can't post it, just can't. Far too embarrassing, or it should be for him. Let's just say that someone I knew from way back when in college did a little dressing up at Dragon Con. Bahahahahahaha. (Don't worry, I am fully aware that not only am I going to hell, but I'm driving the damned bus).

Anyway, it started me thinking. I knew him for three years, and I thought that I knew him pretty well. Now, I will own up to my own levels of nerdom, but I had no idea that he was that bad. I thought about what else I didn't know about him, or others for that matter. Then I started thinking about what others didn't know about me... (See my train here? Choo choo.)

Anyway, after thinking about it some more and noticing that my "about me" section really says little about me, I decided to blog... about me.

I am a closet nerd who played the alto sax in marching, jazz, and symphonic bands in high school. I was once left on a field trip the High Museum with the art club. Luckily, a friend brought me home. I was an ADPi in college and was usually referred to as Evil Pi by someone in my freshman dorm.

I love frozen grapes and thus are addicted to them. I will buy grapes in bulk and shoved them into my freezer and will constantly indulge myself, usually while I am cooking dinner. I love Metromint Water, but am too cheap to buy it. I drink my coffee and tea "black" much to the dismay and horror of my mother and the peeps down at Joe's.

I am a crafty individual who loves to knit, crochet, paint, scrapbook, oh, and bake cakes. I will sooner buy something for the house rather than myself (working on it, refer back to the jewelry shop) and I love to decorate.

I will fiercely defend my friends at a moment's notice, but some how I am easy to pick on. The majority of my friends are either married with children, married or have significant others. I am so happy for them, but at the same time, it kind of sucks that I am the only one sitting at the single's table.

I love to run (which is amazing because I use to not be able to), swim (I think that I was a fish in a former life), and all other sorts of outdoor activities.

I'm easily annoyed by, well, annoying people. If you do something that I consider stupid, I will call you "pretty." I was dubbed "the heartless monster" in high school, "ice queen" by my sister and "oh so cold one," by my mother because (a) I have high expectations, (b) little patience, and (c) don't cry easily and I do not tip toe around other's emotions and/or feelings.

I love to stay busy and have absolutely no time management skills when faced with lots of "free time." I could eat my weight in mash potatoes, banana pudding or anything with peanut butter in it, including peanut butter.

I was the head of the state society of a national organization at the age of 18. Raised over $5,000.00 in nine months. In the last six months I have lost 40 pounds and currently working my way down to my final goal. Which means if I make it, I will weigh what I did when I was 13. Woohoo, and I don't look sick, although someone did ask me that the other day.

During the day I get the sudden urge to do push ups and/or crunches. My friends think that I am crazy for staying at the gym for as long as I do, and for going on the weekends.

Finally, if I can crack a joke at anyone's expense I will, including myself.

If I have left anything out, by all means, feel free to add it.

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one at that singles' table, missy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not when you come in town, but for the other 340 days out of the year, yep pretty much.

    ReplyDelete