Thursday, September 9, 2010

Part Dos

The following morning after our adventures was a difficult one to get started. I tried, and tried, and tried some more to get Sarah to agree to come to spin with me. Nope, didn't happen. So we made pancakes, and she started watching Watchmen because she had not seen it in forever, and probably didn't pay attention either. I got ready, and was out the door. As I was pulling out of the driveway to leave, there was this woman just standing behind my car.

"Um, can I help you?"

"I was looking for places for my daughter to rent."

Kind of getting the sense that she wanted me to give her a tour, I just told her to call the numbers listed on lawn signs and speak with them about setting up a time.

So rude, she just stood there and then asked how much I paid in rent. Look lady, if you are wanting to talk business, call the landlord not me.

Grr...

When she finally left, I drove off and was so close to being late that it wasn't even funny. I hate being late, hate it!

I got in there and there was one other person. This should be interesting. We talked and got warmed up, and then it was time to start the class. Rich informed us that since it was just the three of us that class was going to be shorter, but more intense. Awesome, can't wait.

We were doing pretty good, except that when there are only two of you, and he is screaming, you can pretty much bet that its you that is screwing up. At one point, when we were gearing up for a "mountain climb" he asked if we had enough resistance. So, I turned the knob up, and then he yelled, "You still don't have enough!" Good lord, so I cranked it up some more where I could literally not move the wheel unless I was standing. One word... OUCH.

I came back and got ready for the cook out portion of the evening. While I was getting ready, Sarah had moved on to Basic Instinct. When it was time to leave, she said the impossible. "We don't have to get there right at 5:30."

What, who are you. Since when is Sarah ever laid back. Confused at what had just happened, I reached over and turned the tv off and gather our contributions to the party.

When we got there, it was already a packed house. I went out to check on Jamie, our gracious host, and see what he is up to. Trying to build a fire apparently. I explained to him that first you must build the pyramid, then light, and once the coals all turn grey, you spread them out. He just decided that he would rather douse them in lighter fluid. As I bent down to light it for him, my life flashed before my eyes and I'm pretty sure that I got my eyebrows. Scary.


Then I kicked him away and took over. Someone was going to get hurt. Then someone made the comment that they loved the fact that there was five guys out there and it was the one girl who actually knew how to build a fire. Mama didn't raise no fool!

Once the food was ready, it was time to eat, play games and have fun. Sarah and I lost at one game, then it was flip cup time and my team and I dominated. That's right, woot! Sarah kept pointing out that I was putting too much in my cup. My thoughts were, "Why are you complaining, you are one the other team. If anything, this is an advantage for you."


As the party started to wind down, Rickey and I got the great idea that we needed to head home and make rice krispy treats. Which we did. They were awesome. We made two batches. One for Britt and Sarah, and the other for Rickey and I. Rickey and I are a little more daring than the other two and had chocolate chips and reeses peanut butter chips in them. My mouth is watering just thinking of it again.
Then we all tried to finish the movie, but Rickey fell asleep, then I did, and then I remember Britt waking me up and we all decided that we would finish it in the morning.

Off to sleep everyone.

And thus ends part deux.

No comments:

Post a Comment