Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Recover? From what?

Last night I was doing great at the gym. I ran for a really long stinking time and was thinking that I would do more. Then that little guy popped up on my shoulder and advised me that I was still planning on working out my legs, abs, and attending spin class in addition to the run on Saturday for which I paid. So, I took his advice and decided to hit that bright red "stop" button and went along my merry way.

Well, after I had finished all my planed exercises, I went to fetch my spin shoes and walked back towards the cycle room. When I rounded the corner, I immediately wanted to bolt in the opposite direction, but it was too late. She had already seen me.

The sub is a really nice girl, really, but her class is terrible. There was no energy at all, she says things as if they are polite suggestions. There is nothing polite about this class. This is a kick you in the butt (metaphorically speaking), work harder than you have ever worked before in your life and sweat a river.

She kept on using terms too. I don't do terms, just yell at me to turn it up two, three or four times. Tell me I am not working hard enough. If you piss me off enough, I am bound to either (1) work and push harder out of anger or (2) chunk a bike at your head. Now, since its spin class, which tires you out, the chances of two happening are slim to none, so yell dang it.

Furthermore, you have got to mix it up lady. There are no mountains, sprints or fast intervals. All she does are rolling hills and surges. That's freaking it. The music is just plain awful. I don't feel the surge coming when the music starts to pick up. Its more like a leisure ride in the park.

The girl next to me starting sharing my same thoughts. She informed me that she purposefully intends to skip Thursday's class and would see me Sunday.

I've decided that since I am running in the SPACE Race this Saturday that I would hold off on spin as well. I hardly broke a sweat while in there and really felt like it was a waste of time. If I hadn't needed to go home, I probably would have stayed longer at the gym and had another go on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment