Monday, September 13, 2010

Circus of a Weekend.

This weekend I went to the Circus with Frannie, Panya and the boys. But the real circus hardly took place under the tent.

I got there late on Friday, and sis was still out working her tubberware circuit. I pull into the neighborhood and there are kids everywhere. EVERYWHERE! They live in a mixed culture neighborhood but the one thing that seems to be consistent with all the cultures is that they don't let their kids out to play until after 7.

I pulled up in front of the house and my nephews and another kid from the neighborhood are "attacking" the bubbles coming out of the bubble machine. Too cute. I walk over to see my youngest nephew who was being held by his father, looked at him and said, "Hey there big boy!" He immediately took his hands, smacked them to his face, jerked his head back and began wailing. Awesome. Every time that weekend that I tried to say hi or look, or would even be in his vicinity, I would get the same reaction. I'm not hurt too much though, he is generally a fussy baby. If the wind blows a certain way, its the end of the world until he gets distracted by something else.

Later that night after Frannie and Panya had put the kids to sleep, they showed me the cutest and funniest thing. The Annoying Orange. My favorite episode quote: "Hey pear, quit being such an apple." Hahaha.

Anyway, the next morning I was awoken by the sweet celestial sounds of my nephews. Even in my sleep I offend the baby. Oh well. We had breakfast and then it was time for the Circus. They had been waiting for it forever. Apparently, Jai had been asking literally every week about it since February. We got there early for the pre show, but that didn't really interest Jai. He was here for the real deal, now where are the elephants?!?

Shortly thereafter, Jai got his wish. Three elephants came out and did their tricks on the small little steps, and I tell you what, they are a lot faster than they look.

My favorite part was when they put a motor cycle on a tight rope. Crazy! There was this guy driving it and two women hanging from the motor cycle on a trapeze bar. Who does that? It was so scary, and they did all this without safety nets. Then there were the women that spun high in the air by nothing but their hair. Eek! It made my head hurt just looking at it.

After the circus it was time for some lunch. Five Guys anyone. Yum. Then later that day, I went along for some shopping at the grocery store where Frannie dominated the coupons. She saved 30.00 on her total bill using coupons and her plus card. I need lessons.

I was suppose to head home after that, but Frannie tempted me with wine and home made spaghetti. "Okay, I guess that I can just leave early in the morning before they show the house." So, I stayed for dinner, and it was so awesome. It was also funny watching the prep. Frannie has this thing about not touching raw meat, and since she was out of gloves, she had to get creative.

Anyway, they went up to put the kids to sleep, and when they came back, I was passed out on the couch. Ooops. I don't know how they do it. I was so worn out from the day's activities. I finally carted myself up the stairs and to bed. The next morning I got my wake up call and learned that little Jai was very sad to see Aunt Mewry go. He had in the two days I was there, gotten use to it. Awwww... what is this misty liquid stuff in my eye?

Well, after breakfast, I got on the road and off I sped to make it home in time. I ran into the house, didn't even unpack the car, and did a super fast clean up job for the people coming to view the house. With 15 to spare, I sat down and treated myself to some string cheese. I waited, and waited, and by the time 3 rolled around, I pretty much figured that they weren't coming.

Then I called Sarah S. and begged her for a run. She didn't want to go due to the heat, but she folded. She got there, and we were off. I made it to the EPA when my stomach started hurting like all get out. "What is wrong with me?" Sarah noticed my slower pace and asked what was wrong. We took it slow to the Ramsey Center, snuck in the back and I went to the restroom and got some water. She asked me if I was going to take my picture and I told her that I felt as though I hadn't earned this one.

Feeling much better after some water, we headed off. I got to the first hill and ran the whole way up. After reaching the top, my stomach starting hurting again and then my head. I couldn't even listen to my ipod. Too much. When I reached the EPA, I walked/lightly jogged the way home. When I reached my neighborhood and was only one block away, I almost passed out. In fact, Sarah had already made it to my house and turned around to find me. When I got inside, I collapsed and she went to the gas station and brought me back a 32oz powerade. I downed it and still felt like crap.

Today, I still feel terrible. I have not been this dehydrated since last year when I had to drink that nasty stuff for some chest scans. They forgot to tell me that I needed to double my water. Before that, I can't remember the last time that I have felt this bad. Needless to say, I'm taking it easy today, although I did do some push ups this morning, but that may be the extent of my working out. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. The boys miss you. Jett keeps going in your room looking for you.

    He just has to act like he hates everyone. It's part of his front.

    ReplyDelete