Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A day in the park

Well, it was actually two parks. Sarah N. and I decided to go for some quality time in Memorial Park and the Botanical Garden. She had never been to either of them, and I thought that I would be a great way to end the weekend.

First we went for breakfast at a popular downtown joint that I had never been to. I work three blocks away from it. Sad I know.

It was just what I needed. Grits, scrambled eggs and a fruit cup. They also gave me this chocolate muffin that I ended up making a terrible mess out of. (I swear, you can't me anywhere).

Then it was off to see the animals at Memorial. What a great, sun shining day. The ducks and geese were out, turtles were sun bathing on rocks and there were tons of them in the water. We just stood there for a minute and watched them swim across the pond. Then, out of no where, the world's smallest dog appeared. It was so tiny, and cute. We loved it for a minute and then it was off to the Bear Hallow.

All the animals were out and about. The bobcats were walking around, one bear was pacing back and forth, the alligator was basking in the sun, it was just great!


Then it was off to the Botanical Garden. Still such a gorgeous day. We walked all on trails, went into the atrium, and took lots of pics. This one is my absolute favorite.

Then we went for some ice cream, watched a movie, and took a nap. Ahhh, I love weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment