Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Per Sarah N.'s request...

I was talking to Sarah N. the other day, I think it was Sunday night. Can't remember, moving on. And she stated that I have been slacking in my blogging duties. I informed her that it was due to my heavy work load at the moment and that I would mend the situation.

So, this blog will be completely random and have no flow to it once so ever!

So, yesterday I was at the gym and was getting compliment after compliment from my boss and another gym buddy. Nikki (gym buddy) told me how beautiful the color of my hair was and asked if that was my natural color. I simply informed her that it was at one time, but that my hair began to get darker as I have gotten older (except for the grey streakes that have moved in). They kept going on and on about how much weight I have lost and how great I look. (Alright guys, that's enought, stop it, really).

Then it happened, the funniest convo that I have had in a while. We were on the elipticals and my boss/friend asked me (that is, if I didn't mind) how many pounds I had lost in total. I told her that it was 25 and some change and that I had about 20 more to go. She said that she didn't know where I was hiding it and didn't know how I could possibly loose anymore. I told her that it was mostly in my mid section and my chest. Then she said it. Hahahaha. I'm still laughing.

"Your butt has completely disappeared, but I didn't know if it were appropriate to comment on a co worker's butt!"

Love it, love it!

Then I explained that I had also lost two inches and a full cup size in my top. She said that she had noticed that I was wearing cuter tops lately that more top heavy women can't really get away with.

Today I am wearing an outfit that I put together entirely on my own. I did buy the shirt while shopping supervised by Sarah N. (also Mel's bday gift to me), but I purchased the pencil skirt and the cardigan on my own. I'm a big girl now, although it was a painful process that I will not endure alone again. So far I have gotten lots of compliments on it.

Speaking of compliments, I need to work on that too. I have a hard time taking them. I am too much like my mother in that respect. I am one of those people that if I do something good, I expect to not hear anything about it, its when I do get feedback that I worry about what I have done wrong. That's strange isn't it? I really need to learn to take them and roll with it. I have no problem in handing them out myself, but I guess I need to learn to take it myself.

I don't know where it comes from. Maybe I think that if I can do it, anyone can. Although I do know that I possess the power to get more done in an hour than most do in a day. For instance, I had just moved up here and it was time to renew my car tag. Well, in this crazy town, your driver's license and license plate have to have the same county listed on them or you get a ticket. Geez, I know right? So, back then I was working for an attorney that closed down shop at noon on Fridays. So, I went to the DMV which is on one side of town, then drove to the Tag Office, which just so happens to be on the other side of town, and then went to a salon to purchase some more bare minerals. I remember it was 1:30 or something and my sis called and asked what I was doing. I told her what I had been up to and she thought that I had been off work the whole day. Nope, I'm just that good dear.

Anyway, I believe that this blog has been sufficiently random, so I will end it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment