Monday, May 17, 2010

Legalese

My landlady decided to rescind on the offer that she had made me a few weeks ago. She counter offered with idea that she wanted to re lease the house for more rent, however I am still allowed to remain on the premises under the same stipulations. I will need to vacate the premise if the house goes under contract or is re let.

I thought about what my options were, but I really have none. You see the only evidence that I have is an oral contract which is not valid in the State of Georgia and the only thing I have to go on is parol (inadmissible) evidence. Furthermore, my old legal research professor is the new Assistant Magistrate Judge and the odds of her awarding specific performance is so incredibly minute that I wouldn't even waste my time on it.

Just thought that I would show people that I am actually learning something these days, in spite of my fried brain.

2 comments:

  1. What a B. Love you and let me know if you need to go look at places!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. I will definitely let you know. I have someone right now talking to their "contacts" or what have you who are in real estate and can give me some good areas to look at in my price range.

    ReplyDelete