Thursday, May 20, 2010

Zoobilee Zoo


This blog is inspired by Frannie. For some reason when I read her comment on making it easier to post comments on my blog, she said "For the love of zhu zhu pets." Now, I don't know what the heck she is talking about, but it reminded me of this show that I watched when I was a kid.

Zoobilee Zoo. I loved that show! I would dance, sing along with it, I would even draw with Van Go Lion. That's right, I remember the names. What now, huh?

It makes me sad that they don't have more shows on tv now that were like the ones that we grew up with. One year for Christmas, I gave one of my nephews Fraggle Rock. Absolute classic! No offensive content, but no one was walking on egg shells back then either. Ahh, the good ole days. That same year, I gave my brother Adam a DVD of one of his favorites... Teddy Ruxpin.

One of these days, I am going to collect all the old classics and store them for when I have kids.
The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, Eureka's Castle, Gumi Bears, The Elephant Show, Zoobilee Zoo, Carebears, Rainbow Bright, and the rest of 'em that PBS had to offer.

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually not sure what zhu zhu pets are, but they are some sort of "all the rage" kids toy that is out now. And I think you can get them stuck in your hair, if I remember correctly. A friend of mine recently got a kid's toy stuck in her hair and I think that was it.

    and I love zoobilee zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O...M...G...I freaking LOVED Zoobliee Zoo!!!! Thank you so much for reminding me of their wonderfulness!!!

    ReplyDelete