Thursday, May 13, 2010

Taking a step back.

Last night was Lin's birthday. Normally, I don't go downtown on weeknights, but for this I made the exception. I had such a great time, and I am feeling fine today. Who would imagine that I would be able to stay out past midnight and not be groggy the next day? Not me, that's who.

Today I started reflecting back on when I had begun this new "chapter" in my life. I starting thinking about how much fun I had last night and how impressed everyone seemed of my new self. I have to say, I am impressed myself. Back in January I set a goal to lose 45 pounds. I am happy to report that I am over half way there since then. Since the end of Feb. I have lost 20 and some of that weight. I know that I talked about it a lot, and I will eventually stop. I swear, but it is just so hard to believe that I could push myself this far.

I also started thinking about how lucky I am and how great life has been of late. I have so much more time now for not only myself but others. Granted, I still don't see them enough, but I have seen my nephews and my sis more in these last few months than I have in a very, very long time and I am ashamed to admit it. I have also spent more time with my friends. Sarah N., Mel and Lin and even, believe it or not, Sarah S. I have missed hanging out with you guys so much and I am thrilled that we see more of one another now. I actually feel like a girl again. Heck, Mel, you helped me get pink toes. Who would have thought that I would ever have pink toe nail polish?

I just want to say thank you to all my lovely ladies and my fam. You guys are the reason that I get up in the morning and I am so thankful for it. Life catches up with you sometimes, but it is not always necessarily a bad thing.

Love you all!

4 comments:

  1. We love you, too!!! So much! And I am so very proud of you and all that you are working towards and all that you already are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOU! Thanks for coming out last night, I had fun despite not feeling too hot. (Which turned into an even more aggressive sore throat today)
    You HAVE to see the picture that was taken when Sarah dropped her drink. I have it in my office and it is just.... wonderful.
    P.S. You so sexxxy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you mucho mucho mucho! I have thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you too! I can't wait to have many more fun nights out this summer!

    See you next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ya bunches!!! We have to go get our toes done again cause mine are flaking off!! I now have two naked toes! and this time I'll get pink too cause its the BEST color ever!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete