Monday, May 24, 2010

Run, Crash and Burn...

What a weekend. So, where did it all start? I say that it did with Friday.

My air conditioner had been out for two weeks straight, and I had grown accustom to cold showers. Finally, my landlady found a company that she liked to come out and do the job. So, I took Friday off from work so they could do the repairs. They gave me the estimate of five hours total to do the job. (Awesome).

To make sure that they day wasn't a complete waste on my part, I decided that morning I would cut the grass. When I woke up that morning, ready for the day (8:00), it was raining, and raining. Okay, guess cutting the grass is out. Then I waited for the repairmen to show up. They were 30 minutes late, and then had the gall to get onto to me about not having numbers on my mailbox. Hey buddy, they go in order! Figure it out.

Anyway, so I was doing some laundry and the repairmen were trying to talk to me. No sir, get in my attic and fix the stupid air. Then they had the attic ladder down the entire time, making it almost impossible to get by and to do anything really. I folded my laundry, put it away, watched three movies, cleaned my room, I was going to mop the kitchen but they were coming in and out it seemed almost stupid to.

Finally, they finished up around 2. Then they informed me that someone else would be coming by in a few to check and make sure that they did the job up to standards and code. The repairman couldn't tell me when they would be along, just within the next couple of hours or so. Well great, I have to leave in a few myself.

Door bell rings, two guys wearing surgical shoe cover things come in. Why do all repairmen think that I want to talk and be social? I am trying to get along in my day and you are holding it up. Okay, maybe that is a little mean, but I was uncomfortable about being there with two men by myself. Right? Not cool.

Anyway, they finished up, left and then in the shower and out and on my way to the ATL. Why you might ask, Six Flags of course!!!

It had started raining again as I was leaving and I might have hydroplaned twice on my way, but I handled it well and stayed the course. Made it to ATL without injury. Then it was time for a girls night of beer, pizza, and a good chick flick. (There might have been some ice cream involved too, shh don't tell my trainer!)

So the next morning, Sarah N. and I wake up early ready to start the day. Okay, time to call the troops and make sure everybody is ready to roll out. Sarah N. called Billy and I called my little bro. Well, Billy didn't answer, typical, we'll try again in a few. Kev explained to me that his friend O'Hara apparently did something that morning to upset her mother (kids) and she was unable to make it. Great, and I had already purchased her ticket. Geez louise. Okay, Kev then decided to meet us at Sarah N.'s apartment and ride with us rather than meet at the park. Fine, no prob.

Still no word from Billy. At this point, I think that had called twice and texted twice and Sarah N., I don't know how many times.

Kev finally gets there, still no word from Billy, so we left. Sorry dude, its play time!

We had an absolute blast! It was so much fun. We rode the Goliath twice, Batman twice, the Mind binder, Superman (Sarah and I might have been singing the Superman theme the entire time), the scream machine, Monster Plantation of course, and countless others. We got absolutely soaked on the water rides, but it was so hot it was exactly what we needed. Although our pants were still wet at 9 when it was time to go home. Ooops.

Then we went home, showered and off to dinner. I decided that I had to, absolutely had to take my little brother to the Tilted Kilt. He loved it! We had so much fun, and I have tons of left overs.

The next morning (we were so tired that we when got back we passed out for the night) we had breakfast, and spent two hours at the pool. It was great, except for some reason I also forget to reapply sunblock. I'm burned. Oh well, it happens.


Then we showered off and Kev made the journey back home and Sarah and I went to the Tin Roof for some well deserved lunch. The waiter was hitting on her the entire time. It might have had something to do with those wedges and that dress she was wearing. Ooooh, hot mama!

Then, sadly, my weekend had to come to an end. I drove back home, unpacked my car and then to a friends house to catch the tale end of her birthday celebration. Guess who was sitting on the couch when I walked in? Billy! Unfortunately I only stayed for a few hours since my skin felt like it was about to spontaneously burst into flames.

I had a great night of sleep though, and I woke up complete refreshed this morning. Ahhhh, now if only my skin was stop that annoying painful burning.

2 comments:

  1. All in all, a wonderful weekend! Let's hope that we can do it again this weekend :)

    Btw, that is an awful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its cute! I am keeping it so deal with it missy!

    ReplyDelete