Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All Natural


I was talking to my brother yesterday, again (he calls me a lot, not complaining, just stating). The first thing that he said to me was, "What did you do to yourself?" At first I thought that he was talking about my ankle.

"Dumb dumb, you knew about that, it was two weeks ago." "You did this in two weeks?" he said. "Wait, what are you talking about?"

Apparently he had logged on to facebook and had seen some photos of me that Sarah N. loaded up from this past weekend. He said that I looked fantastic and to keep it up.

Well, not only was he referring to the weight loss, but this past weekend I tried something different. Since it was raining on Friday and I was too lazy to fight the humidity, I went "natural." Meaning that I have wavy hair and did not straighten it, but rather let it go. I have gotten so many compliments on it. I had no idea that it would go over so well. I have always been fitting it, blow drying, strengthening it and all kinds of other torture devices to make it look what I thought was best.

I have decided to stop fighting myself and to roll with it. I will blow dry my hair still, but I will let it go natural from time to time. I have also decided to take my hair back to blonde. I have always been blonde my entire life until I started "rebelling" against my parents so to speak by dying it different colors and cutting it really, really short. I am also going to stop fighting my "cowlick" and work it with and not against it.

Even my boss\friend made a comment last night. "What did you do to your hair? I love it." When I told her that it was natural she looked slightly jealous. Hahaha. Sorry babe.

2 comments: