Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh, what to blog about today?


I have been here at work and deciding on what I should post today. Well, that's just it, I am going to post about work.

I am very blessed that during this tough economic time to have a job. I know that so many people are struggling to keep their heads above water right now.

I remember my first day here. I was so thrilled that this opportunity had finally come my way. I had been fighting for a little over a year to find a stable place to work. Many of the offices that I had worked in after graduating were so small and had no money. Many could only offer me part time work, so I doubled up the jobs. Finally, it came down to it.

I had this one boss that I can honestly say we were friends. And we still are. I am on his bulk store club card still. It broke my heart to tell him that I had to leave and move on. The simple truth was that he and I had no money. He couldn't afford me, and I couldn't pay my bills.

Now, I am at a firm that has structure (which I love) and seven other offices. They are hiring people every day. Its amazing.
I have fantastic benefits. They pay a portion for my gym membership and personal training. They flat out pay my health and life insurance and offer affordable dental. I get a 15% discount at a top of the line clothing store. It is just impossible to list all the perks of this place.

Not only is the company great, but the people that I work for and with are as well. Just today, my co worker and friend brought in specifically for me a blackberry cobbler. It is fantastic. I was "testing" it out for her. Honestly, the only thing that could have made it better would have been a large scoop of ice cream. I was in absolute heaven. And who can really say that at work?

Furthermore, they are relying on me more and more everyday. Even the managing partner, who I don't work for directly, has been giving me things of his to do. Completely trusting that I will get the job done, and get it done right.

The other side of the coin is that, if I happen to screw something up, they understand, trust and know that I am going to do everything within my power to make it right.

So, here's a little shout out to my work homies. Thanks for making this place what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment