Monday, June 7, 2010

A Surprising Weekend.

This weekend turned out not at all like I tought it would have... and in a great way. Originally, I was just going to my nephew's birthday party, then spend the rest of it quietly at home, probably sorting through things and getting more organized. Well, I thought wrong.

I woke up Saturday, a little late I'll admit, but nothing too bad. I was getting there early anyway. Checked my e-mail and facebook via my phone (I don't have internet at home) and got a message from a friend that I haven't seen in a really, really long time. It was Brittany. Dear, dear sweet lovable Brittany. She invited me down that afternoon to the lake with her and her husband, Rickey (another lovable character).

Needless to say, I was stoked. Not only do I get to spend the early afternoon with my boys and the rest of my family (there might have been a little playful sibling bickering, it happens) (BTW Frannie, those little plastic balls hurt.), I was going to hang out the rest of the day with some more, pretty awesome people.

I get down there and its meal time. Yum, hot dogs for me. I hadn't had one since December. It was so good. Then it was time for a ride in the boat. I watched my awesome friend Rickey rule the wake with this water board, watched Brittany and another friend barrel roll off the tube, and then it was mine and Britt's turn for torture. And oh was it.

It was so much fun though. The last one that got us was huge, and I mean huge. We went at least five feet in the air, and on top of that, our bodies were at least a foot above the tube. Ahhh. Then we came crashing down. I hit my chin on the tube and have a giant bruise as a result. Britt slide right off the tube and into the water. Poor thing. She was so tired.

The best part... Rickey got it all on tape. I am going to try to get a copy of it. It was too funny!

Later that night, Britt shot off fireworks and then I crashed at their place where I was not the first one to fall asleep. Ha!

The next day we went to Britt's family celebration for her grandfather's bday and then off to the ATL! I was, abruptly I might add, introduced to a whole new world. It was Monster Bash at the Drive in. There were a few cars that were really cool to be seen, but the real show (particularly in my opinion) was what the people there were wearing. It was like Halloween. Some of these people barely had anything on. I definitely felt like a sore thumb with what I was wearing. (Beach club, party of one) Oh, and then there was the women in the girl's restroom. She hogged the sink and mirror for ten minutes to reapply her makeup. The whole time she was talking about how oily her skin was and how we just didn't understand. There was a freaking line for the sink. Really? Britt and I looked at each other and we knew exactly was the other was thinking. We were ready to take her down. Haha, we were nice though and just kept politely rushing her.

I had a great time hanging out with everybody. I got to see Lin, and it has been forever dear. I got to see lots of other people too that I hadn't seen in a long too! It was great to just hang out, eat some hot dogs, indulge in a little alcohol and Popsicles. It was freaking hot and this guy actually had banana pudding Popsicles with real bananas and vanilla wafers in it. I was in love!

Then, when it was dark. It was time for a thriller classic. William Shatner in... Kingdom of Spiders. Ahhhhhhhh. It was actually a terrible movie and the only funny parts were when people were doing shadow puppets and that guy almost blew up a car shooting a firework off his tailgate. Where do these people come from.

I got home, needless to say, pretty darn late, but I am feeling fine. I got about four hours of sleep in. Tonight will probably be an early one though just to catch up.

3 comments:

  1. We had a great time this weekend! Sorry about the ball! lol

    We have to get together again soon! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wrong! You had 2 hot dogs at the lake on Memorial Day weekend, remember?

    ReplyDelete