Monday, June 14, 2010

Family

For some reason, my family has been heavy on my heart lately. So, I want to dedicate this blog to my siblings. Due to the whole "cool" and nonchalant attitude that we all try to portray, the occasional rivalries, it is often difficult to express our true feelings toward one another. Well, for this brief moment, I am taking down all walls and facades to tell them just that.

This is in chronological order...

Frannie, my resurrector.

You have brought me back to life. During one of the more difficult times in my life, where I felt cold and alone, you helped me find my spirit again. You know exactly what to say and give just the right amount of encouragement to help me through any and all obstacles that I encounter. You have lent me your ears on numerous occasions that it would near impossible to count them all. The first part of this year would have been unbearable if it weren't for you.

You are a terrific friend and an incredible sister!

Tara, my guardian angel.

Where to start? You are my inspiration for everything in my life. There isn't a day that goes by that you aren't in my thoughts. Although I only had you for such a short while, I know that my life is forever changed because of you. There were so many times that I should not have made it, and I can't help but think that you had something to do with the outcome. I draw my strength from your memory and strive to be half the person that you were.

Adam, my confident.

I know that we were rivals when we were kids, but that is usually how it goes. I cannot express how much you mean to me, the fact that at anytime I can call you and tell you my troubles without complaint. The fact you always offer sound advice and try to help out in any way that you can. I miss you terribly when you are so far away, but I know that you are where you are suppose to be and making your life all that it can be and more. I hope that one day I can be as successful and happy in my career as you are in yours.

Kevin, my protector.

Although I give you a hard time, and I usually don't know why you feel it necessary to protect or shield me from something, I appreciate immensely. You have the biggest heart of anyone I know, and you always strive to do the just and right thing. Although your criticism seems hurtful at times, I know that you only mean it in my best interest. You can always make me laugh, no matter the circumstances and there is never a dull moment as long as you are in the room. I am, with no doubt, one of your biggest fans. I cannot wait to see what all lies in store for you.

I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful and supportive family. My life would never have been the same without you all. I know what we all have a tendency to drive one another nuts at times, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Love,

Mere(sisis)

2 comments:

  1. I love you so much! Thanks for making me cry, brat!

    I love you because you are my sister, I admire you for all that you are!!! And all that you will be! You mean so much to all of us!! And I am so happy to see all that you have been going through turned into a positive! So many people would have sat on the butt's and eaten ice cream for 6 months! But you grabbed life and challenged it for all it's worth! I am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete