Monday, June 28, 2010

Just when you think they can't get any crazier...


I had yet another fantastic weekend.
It started Friday when a friend of mine came into town from NYC to play at AthFest. It is really sad that I have know the guy for 2 1/2 years, even worked with him, and had never heard him play. They rocked it. Even though the scene wasn't exactly mine and Sarah S.'s (she came along for the ride) we still had fun. We chilled out at Normal Bar until midnight when my friend would take the stage at GoBar. They were awesome. Such enthusiasm and they were really good. We danced, and danced, and danced in our little corner seeing as the entire establishment is no bigger than my garage.

After the show and saying goodbye to my friend as he and his band mates packed up, we decided that the only to cap off the evening was with a McFlurry. We share the most amazing frozen creation. Num....

Oh, P.S. Sarah, you left your toothbrush in my bathroom :)
Update: Here is an article about my friend's band. They were so awesome. Read the part about ENGINEERING:Go Bar, Midnight.

Saturday was a good and lazy day. I went out and ran some errands after a house viewing and waited for Sarah N. to get into town. When she arrived we were off to run some errands of our own. She helped my pick out/buy a new swimsuit that I so desperately needed. I only had two and one broke when I went to the lake with my cousins (remember the rope swing) and the other almost fell off my butt when I got out of the pool last weekend with Mel. So, it was definitely time. With a little help from Sarah S. via picture text, we found one that I and all parties like. Believe it or not, its not black. Shocker I know.

Later that night, it was time to head over to a friends house for a birthday/farewell party. We had so much fun. We played pong, which I tied a well played game. Although my partner and the other players made fun of my stance. Don't knock it if it works!

The party later moved downtown where somehow I managed to squeeze four people into the back of my car. I ran into two familiar faces that I had not seen in forever. It was great catching up and its funny how people remember you when you really didn't think that they would. For instance, at Firehouse, I ran into a guy that I attended the same elementary, middle and high school with. Now, during high school, I tried to keep a low profile, it just wasn't my time in life. Well, I walked up to the bar to get a drink and he was standing next to me. I looked at him, said "I think that we went to high school together." To my surprise, he eyes light up, grabbed my hand and said "[Mere!]"

Anyway, when it was time to leave, it was a bittersweet moment for Sarah N. She was so happy and said at the same time for our friend who is leaving for DC, but happy that he has a terrific job waiting for him when he gets there.

I had my hands full though. Our other friend who we had to take home was, well, wasted. You can always tell because he starts speaking Spanish, and this time, he was going like a rocket.

We made it back though, and Sarah S. and I might have stolen a hot dog or two while everyone was settling down for the night. When we got home, I crashed.

The next day I woke up pretty early considering that we didn't get in until 3. I tried to get Sarah N. up because we had a date at the pool with Mel. She wouldn't budge. So, I go into the kitchen and started making pancakes. I guess the smell drifted down the hall because she came rounded the corner soon after. We got there a little late, but it wasn't too bad. We hung out there for a while. Sorry that we couldn't hang with Mel and Lin more. Stupid people and their jobs. Who works on a weekend? Who?

After fun in the sun, Sarah N. and I got showered off and then went for some Sunday afternoon lunch. You will never believe where I got her to go... Cali 'N Titos!! That's right, she tried something new!


I have been dying to go there for so long, Plus I had a coupon, and when you have a coupon, you just have to use it.

Then we had some ice cream, which we seem to get every time that we are together. Sarah N., you are a bad influence Missy! Then we just chilled until it was time for her to leave.

P.S. Sarah N., you left your swimsuit in my bathroom. (what is it with people leaving stuff at my house?)

Then, last night it was time from some TrueBlood. All I can say is, "WOW!" Thanks Lin for letting my come over, and for putting stuff on my sunburn. I can't wait until we get to workout together! Super excited!!!!

2 comments:

  1. First of all, you referenced the wrong Sarah in regards to stealing the hot dogs. And I wouldn't consider it stealing since you bought them.

    And about my bathing suit, I guess it doesn't matter that I left it there since I will need it again this weekend lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My deepest apologies dear.

    And yeah, you're right, it really doesn't matter. I just found it amuzing that you both left something at my house in the same weekend.

    ReplyDelete