Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This post is brought to you by the bakers at Cakes by Mere

The last few weekends I have gotten back into my hobby of making cakes, Cakes by Mere that is.
The first one that I had made since Christmas was my nephews birthday cake. I cannot believe he is already a year old. The theme was airplanes, and of course, Frannie never fails to set the bar.

There were airplanes soaring the "sky." It was so cute. And instead of a take off, we had a cake off. Hahaha, love it.


The other cake that I made was in celebration of the season premier of my favorite show...TrueBlood. I wanted the cake to be simple, just like the promotional materials, so I did what I could being that I am no artist and was unable to draw the photo of the lips and blood, but I was still great and yummy!

2 comments:

  1. cute! I've never seen true blood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!? It is a really good show, but I can understand the part about not seeing it. It would be really difficult to watch with two little ones at home. Not very appropriate for children (and possibly me, but I manage).

    ReplyDelete