Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend

This past weekend was so much fun, I still can't believe that it is over. It just flew by. My friend Sarah N. came into town Friday night. We had dinner with Mel at our favorite local sushi venue. YUM! Then it was off to see from old friends of hers that had recently moved. I loved their new place, and if I could move in, I would. They just don't accommodate single renters anymore.
Anyway, some how we got talked into going downtown for a bit. We said that we would only stay for a few (hmmm, where have I heard that before?). We started off at Firehouse where I saw some friendly faces. We stayed there for a really long time (had an absolute blast though, thanks to Hugh and Paul for their creative genuis). Last stop of the night was 80's. Can you believe that I have lived in this town for three years and have never been to 80's. It was sooooo much fun! They played all my old favorites and Sarah N. and I danced the entire time. (I am happy to report that no one hit the floor that night).

Saturday morning we slept in until someone's alarm woke me up. It didn't belong to the two people in my room, so you figure it out. We got up (about 8:30ish) and began our true blood marathon of season 2. I had already seen them, but Sarah N. needed to catch up since the new season is on its way. It was so funny. At the end of every episode she would tell me what she thought was going on and who was responsible for what and what the outcome of it all would be. I am not telling her a single solitary thing. She will just have to wait it out and see for herself.

After our lazy day in bed, although we did make a trip to Chick-fil-a for breakfast, we were ready for the pool. Thanks to Mel for letting us sneak in. We are so clever. I know the code to the gate, so I parked in the residential area and we walked up to the pool like we lived there. There weren't many people there so they wouldn't have minded. Although, that one older gent had some fun laughing at us. The water was pretty cold and I am still nursing my sunburn injury from two weekends ago. Its officially a second degree burn and it bleeds on occasion. YUCK! I know (vomit). It is getting better though.

After a nice and relaxing time at the pool (and without further injury to myself) we went out for dinner. Mexican and Pina Colada's my friends. Thanks to Andrea for recommending such a great place, particularly since Sarah N. is so freaking picky!

Sunday Morning, its off to the lake! I saw my cousins that I haven't seen in two years. I battled tubed with Sarah N. (I took it easy on her since it was her first time). I won of course. Then I battled with my little cousin who is about 9. He won because he is so little and he just flies everywhere and hardly feels the bumps, while I hit every one. The one that finally knocked me off was absolutely mammoth.

(This is not actually me, but it was about that high. EEK!)

Everyone thought that I had gotten seriously injured because I flew off backwards and with my feet over my head. It really didn't hurt though. I even escaped from getting water in my mouth or up my nose. The next time that I rode was with Sarah N. and I on the same tube. We crashed twice. Mainly due to the fact that she had never done it before and had no idea how to lean into the turns. I told her you just have to feel it. There is no real way to explain it. You just do it. Finally she got it, although we weren't going very fast. Next time though, she will have no excuse.

To end the day we took a pleasure cruise down into the smaller coves of the lake. One spot had three rope swings hanging from the trees with platforms to climb onto. My little cousin had been dying all day to do it, so he jumped off the boat and went for it. I didn't want him to go alone, so I dove off the boat to follow. When I came up, apparently from the force of the water, the little plastic hook that kept my halter top together broke. Oops. This shall be interesting. I threw the rope to my cousin, watched him fall into the water and then it was my turn. I could climb as high as I wanted to. Basically in shear fear that I would end up flashing my entire family. I swung out and then swam back to the boat. When I got up, Sarah N. looked at me and said, "Who are you?"


I am happy that I have finally become that fun, thrill seeker again. I branched out a little last year with the City Museum in St. Louis, but that had been the most adventurous I had been in a long time. Sad I know.


Finally, it was time to drive back home. It was a long one at that. I was so tired and Sarah N. had fallen asleep next to me and the fact that it was raining didn't help much either. We made it back though, safe and sound. Showered off and passed out. What a great time. We sleep for 10 plus hours too! That never happens. I am still beat and I am sporting some pretty unsightly battle scars, but they will heal and eventually my neck will stop hurting.


What a great time. My favorite quote of the whole weekend though would have to this one from Sarah N. "I have never seen you in color before, you look good."

No comments:

Post a Comment