Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bubble Wrap

According to my friend Sarah S., I need to be placed inside a large bubble or covered in bubble wrap. I told her that it was simply not necessary. I then began to think about it. How often do I really hurt myself?
Back in early May I was working out with my personal trainer. I was doing really well that day. Then she made me do something called "mountain climbers." As I kicked out each leg with such energy and enthusiasm, I felt a slight discomfort. No problem, you aren't suppose to be comfortable when you work out, otherwise everybody would do it. Then it happened. A loud and echoing pop came from my hip socket. Oh boy, what was that? For the next few weeks, every step was slightly hurtful, my normal exercises that weren't any trouble for me prior were now. My "dead bugs" became flat out painful. The pain then slowly began to ease, however to this day it still pops every now and then.

The weekend after that "pop," my brother and I went to hang out by the pool with Sarah N. We had spent the entire day before out in the sun with no problems. However, two hours by the pool and we were toast. I walked away with a 2nd degree sunburn on my thigh that as it started heal would bleed at times. Yuck!

The weekend following that was Memorial weekend. Play time at the lake. I was battle tubing with Sarah N., but taking it easy on her since she had never done it before. After we finally both fell off the tube, I had tube burn on my elbow from the bouncing off wake after wake. Later that day, I decided to dive off the boat after my little cousin to play with him on these rope swings that were tied in some trees down in a cove on the lake. The second I hit the water, the halter strap that held my swimsuit together broke and bruised me on both sides.

Believe it or not, the weekend after that...I know, this is getting to be ridiculous isn't it? I went to the lake again, this time with Brittney and Rickey. Britt and I were doing so well on the tube until Rickey's father who was driving the boat hit this huge, and I mean huge, massive wake, and we went flying into the air and then came hurdling back down and smacked right onto the tube again. I hit my chin and got a giant bruise from that.

This past weekend went fine. No problems or injuries to report. I rearranged the furniture in my living room, steam cleaned my carpet, went to spin class on both days, just an easy weekend at home. Then came Monday. Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn. I was working out, as I normally do. Ran on the treadmill for about 15, did my rowing, ab workout, squats, lounges, and then I thought I would do this really cool exercise that she (my trainer) showed me during our last session before she ran away to Russia for two months. This is when it all went downhill. I did one, two, crap. My foot came down wrong, and I fell straight onto the floor and on my back. There was yet, another loud pop and all came running to me who were in the area as they all heard it. How embarrassing. I assured them that I was fine, rotating my ankle a few times, got up and walked away. I then got on the elliptical to finish up my cardio because obviously I cannot do that previous exercise without adult supervision.

Today, the swelling has gone down enough that I was able to finally get a good look at it. I have this long line of bruising along the bottom of my foot, some bruising along the top of my foot, but it really doesn't hurt that much. In fact, I had training last night with my new sub training (who is absolutely hot by the way) and had no issues. I did feel bad though. He had this workout completely worked out and ready to go for me until I texted him on Tuesday about what I had done and then he had to redo it all. Oh well, sorry dude, I have to live with myself everyday, you can handle me for 30mins twice a month.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with Sarah. You really do need to be packaged in bubble wrap since you are such a hazard to yourself!

    ReplyDelete