Thursday, June 24, 2010

She had "man" hands...


Gotta love Seinfeld!

I was a wee bit late to personal training yesterday. Only a few minutes. I got pulled over by a cop on a motor cycle who had set up a speed trap. Jerk. He tried to tell me that I was going way faster than I actually was. I was polite , courteous, and simply told him "no sir." He let me go with a warning. About to say, I have not had a ticket since I was 18, and that includes parking. (Knocking on wood here)

When I got into the gym, I ran into the locker room, threw on my workout clothes and forgot to pull up my hair. Oh well, on with it. I get there and he said not to worry, I was his only client to actually show up that day.

I still think that he took it out on me. That was an incredible, and difficult, workout that I have had in a long time. We were just working on my arms too!

After one set of every exercise that I did, he asked me to row for a minute as fast as I could. The worse part, he talked to me the entire time and expected me to answer back. Dude, I'm concentrating on breathing right now. Shhh.

I was pretty impressed with myself though, and he seemed to be as well. He kept cranking up the weight, and I did push ups on that little half ball looking thing a ma-bopper.

I've gotten some sizable muscles now in my arms that I might actually consider trying to learn out to box those punching bags. Wouldn't that be cool? A bar tender at one of my local places asked me a few weeks ago if I had been weight lifting. Ha!

The only bummer is that I am starting to get these hard places on my palms from the rowing. I am suppose to be a girl right? My friend Cyndi suggested that I get some of those cut off gloves. I just might Cyndi, I just might. I like how small, thin and delicate my hands are, and I would like to keep them that way.

3 comments:

  1. ay guh, I got a pair of dem gloves you be talkin bout. (Enough of that.)
    I got them for riding the bike and, well, you've been in the guest bathroom recently. :)
    Let me know if you wanna try em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And! I'm running errands today. One of which includes going to bodyplex to check out membership rates.
    Hopefully I'll be able to afford something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just might take you up on that offer.

    ReplyDelete