Monday, November 15, 2010

Absolutely Amazing

I was visiting my folks this weekend and to celebrate the monkey butt's birthday (21st woot!), and somehow allowed my brothers to talk me into going to DC with them to Annual SAR Potomac Gala. So, in a few weeks time, it will be me and my two brothers road tripping to DC. That spells only one thing...t-r-o-u-b-l-e. We always have a great time together, and usually leave quite a wake too! I'm thoroughly excited though. I haven't been to DC in probably 2 years, and this will be my second vaca this year. Woot again.

While we were talking about what all we needed to do to prepare for this, Kev and I dove into my old room and dug out some of my old formals. Yeah, none of them fit, some, it was so obvious that there was no point in even thinking about it, unless you just really needed a laugh. Finally, I found one that I though might fit. I pulled it out and threw it on. Believe it or not, it was still too big. This dress I have not worn since I was a senior in high school. You read that right...HIGH SCHOOL. I have to get it taken in an inch on both sides. My parents freaked when they saw it on me. Although happy for the fact that I have lost so much weight and have completely turned my life around... they begged me throughout dinner to go into maintenance mode.

I explained to them that I have a few more pounds to shed and some muscles to gain, but that the journey was soon over. My mother went into overly protective mode this weekend as well. In fact, before she would let me leave to come home, she made me eat something, afraid that I would get sick on the way.

Mama, I love you, but stop "smothering." I am being careful, and I know that I am not eating as much as I should and I am prepared to purchase some protein powder to make shakes to insure that I make up for it.

Now, do not think that I have become anorexic, because I haven't. I just physically cannot eat as much as I use to, and I don't think to eat because I am never hungry. Strange huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment