Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weekend Circus

First blog in a while, I know, but it took a while to recuperate from these last few weeks of craziness. This whole moving thing has got be the worst thing that I have ever personally done to myself. Why, oh why didn't I hire a moving service? All right, we already know the answer to that question...I'm cheap.

Friday, I took off work and woke at the crack of dawn, actually, it was an hour before dawn to head over and finally get my keys. I patiently waited in the parking lot for the agent to emerge from his unit to walk his dog. Finally, I had the keys in my hand and I was already making trip, after trip, after trip, carrying the assorted belongings of mine that I had compacted into my tiny car. After unloading everything, I then spent the next hour putting things away and single handedly putting my bed together. Only a few mishaps, but within 30 minutes I had a fully assembled fourposter.

Doesn't that look delicious?
That day, I must have made more than thirty trips, back and forth. Sarah S. accompanied me for the last 10. During that time, one of my neighbors poked her head in and asked me if I had any special diet restrictions. When I replied "No," she shouted out, "Thank God!" She then further explained to me that she had a loaf of bread in her machine and was going to half it with me because she and her husband would never be able to devour it in time.

Pleased that I had made a friend so quickly, I thanked her profusely when she carted the package over. It was so cute lying on parchment paper and boy was it delicious.

Finally calling it quits around 9, I prepared myself for the next day's adventure.

This load almost toppled out of the truck
That morning, I again packed my car to max capacity and patiently awaited the arrival of Jacki (with her truck) and Sarah and Ben. Once all parties were assembled, we grabbed hold of my large furniture items and loaded them up. Most of the time it consisted of Ben on one side with Sarah and I holding the other and Jacki directing us. I was most pleased when we had finished, particularly with the washer and dryer, just a few minutes after noon.

Then, it was time for Sarah N. and I to attack the mess that was lurking in my new place. You literally couldn't take more than two steps together. Close to 6, we had successfully unpacked all the boxes, made my bed, attacked the bathroom, and arranged a living room. What a piece of mind.

I am still in the process of arranging things, and waiting for my folks to come and get the wicker furniture that is currently pushed into one corner. Once that is done, I will finally feel at home.

I must say that it is amazing to come home everyday to the sound of a roaring river and enter my enormous loft. I absolutely love it and cannot believe my luck...still.

This is my actual view

Last night, after devouring out amazing creation, Sarah S. and I were finishing up the rock bath mat when my neighbor brought me over some molten chocolate brownies. I love her! Just keep it coming Mel, just keep it coming. (Note: this is not the same Mel that I blog about frequently. Although, I do love them both.)

No comments:

Post a Comment