Tuesday, November 30, 2010

See, what had happened was...

My infamous intro. This morning, I was most pleased when I stepped on the dreaded scale. Normally, around this time of year, I am packing on the pounds. I really thought that I was in for it when I went to DC, especially seeing as we were hitting every fast food joint up I-95.

Well, I have in fact, lost an additional 3 pounds. Which means that I am only two pounds away from my new goal that I set a few months back. However, since I have yet to gain the muscle mass/tone that I wanted, I am again lowering my goal. Only by five pounds. Any more and I will look anorexic. Therefore, I am now heading for 130. I figured that way I can afford to gain a few pounds of muscle and get back up to 135. 

Taken this weekend at the gala.
And, do not despair dearest family, at that point I will begin maintenance mode. I am just so excited though that the end is in sight. Furthermore, that finals are soon and the new year will be here before you know it. I can't wait.

Although, I am faced with one downer at the moment and I wish him all the best of luck. My youngest nephew faces surgery to repair a broken arm. The poor little can't catch a break. My heart goes out to him, my sis (don't fret too much, he probably won't remember any of this later in life), my BIL and my oldest nephew, as this can't be easy on any of them. Love you guys and miss you bunches!

My adorable nephew who seems to never be happy.

4 comments:

  1. I don't want to sound like the nagging big sis, but I'm a little worried. You are really going to try for 5 more pounds? I'm getting a little worried about you. Please be careful and don't push it too much. :) I just love you and want you to be heathly and happy!

    I'm terrified for Jett. I am so worried about them putting him to sleep. Oh, and you think he was angry before, you should see him now that one arm is immobilized. Whew! I think hell uses videos of him as training material for new demons. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sis:

    Do not fret, I am eating and I am healthy. You know that I always have favorable reports from the doctor for my checkups. I promise that I will try to stay in the 130's and not a pound less.

    Give Jett a hug and a kiss for me and please let me know what the end result is. Hopefully they will give him some good drugs to help with the pain. Poor little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay-- not a pound less than 130 and promise no freak outs if you get back up to 135 w/ muscle mass. k?

    I am snuggling angry baby extra tight these days. I promise I will call as soon as he is out of surgery. (and will text during with any updates) I won't know the time of the surgery until Thursday probably. They go by age though, so he will probably be first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise... I'll do my best.

    I am sure that all will be put to right after the surgery. I'm so sad that he has to see Santa with a cast.

    ReplyDelete