Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day Cards?

I had no idea that people made nor sent Thanksgiving Day cards...until I bought one. I was on the phone about a week ago talking to an old friend. Old in the sense that I have known him since I was 16 and the fact that he is...old. He is my ex's father, the ex from college that is. I was friends with his entire family for years before I met and started dating him.

Anyway, we were just shooting the breeze and I told him all about my new place and how much I love it out there and how peaceful and quiet it is, but still not too far away from town. He then asked that I send him my new address. "Okay, I can give it to you right now." No, he wanted a card, so that he could save it somewhere. "Just send me a Thanksgiving Card."

"Do they even make those?"

Well, yes apparently they do. So, I sent him one and wished him a most joyous and heartwarming Thanksgiving imaginable. And, since this will be the last post til after the festive fest, I wish you all one as well.

Happy Turkey Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment