Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday marked my two year anniversary with my company. I cannot believe how time has flown by. It seems just like yesterday that I started my first day here. Completely cliche I know, but its true.

Last night I was going through the clothes that I am selling in the neighborhood wide yard sale this weekend. I picked up the pair of pants that I wore on my first day. It was amazing how large they were on me now. I couldn't believe it. They were great pants too. I loved them. My first Ann Taylor Loft purchase.

I truly feel lucky and blessed to have such a great job with amazing perks, including the personnel. We all get along so well and I really feel that there is a terrific balance between casual and professional relationships here. There are times when we can complain about our lives or express our excitement and joys, and then at a moment's notice we can get right back down to business.

I remember the day that I interviewed. I was so nervous and confused by the set up of the office. I got lost trying to find my way back out. I found the whole professional/cubicle office setting intimidating, but I absolutely love it here. The day that I took my assessment test, I was shaking the entire time. I didn't want to screw it up.

Furthermore, this job completely saved my life. I was working for an attorney at the time who couldn't afford me. I was desperately seeking for a new job with more stability and a steady paycheck. Although I had a great relationship with my old boss, there was always a question of whether not I would walk out with a paycheck at times. My heart sank when I had to tell him that I had found a new occupational home, but at the same time thrilled that I had finally found all that I needed plus the benefits and structure.

So, here's to my job. Thanks for the amazing two years and here's to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment