Saturday, October 9, 2010

Its all just a bit of silliness really.

Great line from a great movie. Although my friend Eli would disagree, which is in fact how I gained ownership of said film.

Tonight, I am sitting on the couch, enjoying my creative way in which I successfully connected my computer to the internet (just watch, I won't have reception when I move) and trying to type while a very sleeping and lazy feline lays across my lap and has taken an arm hostage for a pillow. Naturally, if there are any typos in this blog, tonight we shall place the blame, entirely, on Mo.

Yesterday, after my training was cancelled yet again (starting to get ridiculous here I know) I decided that since I had already packed for the gym, that I would go. Luckily Rich was subbing the spin class that day.

After I got home, while cooking my dinner, I received a text from Sarah S. Rather than text back and forth and managing the madness on my stove top, I called her. Plans were set for a very fun, and Sarah, filled weekend. Such a treat. It is a rarity when we can actually have time to visit with one another, and I cherish each moment that we do.

Today we tailgated for the first time together. Sad to say considering that I have know here for seven years and the fact that we moved to this town together, and lived together in this town for two years. During that time, we never once tailgated. Occasionally our paths would cross on game day. Once at Wild Wing and another at the dipping dots stand.

It was great. We enjoyed cupcakes, BBQ, chicken fingers, spicy dips with chips, and Cajun boiled peanuts. There was much more there of course, but a person can only eat so much. A few blades of grass away, there was a couple from out of town who had brought with them three bulldog puppies (which they claimed were descendants of Uga VI). They were so adorable, and we could not get enough of them. I kept telling Sarah to keep a look out, and when the time was right, I would snatch one away and make a run for it. Just kidding. Although, I must say that it if weren't for the hefty price tag, it would have been very tempting to have gotten one.

Finally, UGA was doing so well that we decided to dash before we were, and quite inconveniently I might add, forced onto the loop. We rushed out of there, the roads were already lined with police ready to herd the masses from town, and headed over to her place for a much needed activity. Napping. I passed out on the couch, occasionally disturbed by her dog Milly's jumps onto my stomach. If that doesn't wake you, I don't know what will.

Finally, it was time for me to head home.

Tomorrow, Sarah and I shall embark on a journey to hopefully find me some clothes. I decided that I wasn't ready to venture out on my own just yet. I still have the tendency to get discouraged and I will either walk out with nothing but a great sense of defeat, or walk out with items that were just not right and I will inevitably regret those purchases later and the sense of defeat, although slightly delayed, will still set in.

Here's hoping that tomorrow goes well.

P.S. I will add photos later as my computer is being stupid right now and will not allow me to upload nor export them.

No comments:

Post a Comment