Monday, October 25, 2010

Sounding a little Weezy lately?

As most of you know, I have been battling an upper respiratory infection for a little over a week now. For those of you luckly individuals, you have also heard the airy yet raspy voice that I am sporting at the moment.

Last week I wieghed myself as I usually do, and I had lost three pounds. Although normally this would be cause for celebration as that would mean only 7 more to go, this was not a joyous event. I do desparately want to lose those last pounds, but not this way. Rather than lose those pisky fat cells that somehow have lingered from my self butt kicking, I am losing all the muscle that I have managed to create in my weak attempts at weight lifting. It really pisses me off actually.

I am afraid to wiegh myself this weak. I can only imagine how much more I have lost since I was walking to class today and the combination of my bag and my belt resting on my hip bone was excruiting. Why? Because all the meat has disappeared from that area and it was like the items were resting on raw bone. No me gusta!

Although my voice sounds like I am a dying squeak toy, I actually don't feel nearly as bad as I did yesterday. So, that is a definate plus. I just wish that it wasn't so painful to listen to me speak. Someone actually called into work today and laughed at the sound of it.

The worst part, and I felt terrible for him, but no one would answer the questions that the professor was posing to the class this morning. So, rather than letting the sound of crickets fill the air, I answered. Although my answers were right, I had to repeat myself numerous times simply because he couldn't understand me... and I sit in the front row.

Hopefully the chicken pot pie stew that Jacki brought me today will help heal my throat. I really don't want to sound like this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment