Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I've got a feeling...

I know that you all have been worried and yelled at advised me to go and see a doctor about the week long lung hiatus. However, I am happy to report that as of last night (which included my first solid night in a loooonng time) I feel 90% better. My voice is even starting to sound normal. So how about them apples?

This past week though, has really made me feel like a million bucks. How, you might ask? Allow me to detail the random, off beat, compliments that I have been receiving.

When I went to the gym a few weeks ago, the new guy behind the counter called after me shortly after scanning my card. At first I thought perhaps it didn't scan properly and I just needed to run it again. He said that it was obvious that I had been working my butt off here and that I needed a new photo for the system because it really didn't even look at me. With mixed emotions, I asked him if I could have a look at it before he deleted it. I was scared and thrilled all at the same time. I could  not believe that was me. The photo was taken a few weeks prior to Christmas.

Furthermore, this weekend while I was sitting out in my driveway in the sun, (1) to stay warm and (2) to get some studying done, numerous women came up and said that they shouldn't even bother looking at my clothes because I was so little. I had to explain, almost like a broken record, throughout the day that those were my old clothes and why they were for sale. One women, before she had heard the story, walked over and grabbed a shirt of mine and said that there was no possible way that I had ever worn that in my life. You should have seen her eyes when I told her. She then asked me if I lost all that weight on purpose. (Shockingly enough, that has been a lot of people's questions/comments).

Later on Sunday, I decided to go and get a pedicure. I haven't had one in forever, usually doing them myself, and felt like being pampered. At least one part of me would look and feel pretty. Well, when I walked in, the usual techs were there, with a few newbies. I got my regular girl. She and her brother have been doing my nails since I moved here back in 2007. These people are so nice, respectful and are darn good at what they do. I always recommend them to people when asked of a good place.

While I was sitting there and getting the chair to massage my poor muscles, she looked up at me and said that I looked really good and that she almost didn't recognize me. She said, "Is that why you haven't been in here for so long?" When it was time for me to pay, she grabbed my arm and said, "skinny, skinny, skinny."

As silly as it may sound. It really did make me feel so much better, in spite of the crap in my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment