Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Countdown

For months I have been trying to lose weight. I would lose a little, then gain a little, and so forth and it was so frustrating. Even more so because my boyfriend at the time was dropping pounds with every step he took. My life seemed very much like one of those Slimquick commericals. No matter what I tried, those little numbers on the scale didn't move.



Well, that has all changed. As of right now, I have lost a record seven pounds since the last weekend of February. How did I do it? I don't have a clue, but could not be more estactic about it. Although I know that the difference is probably not that noticeable yet (although my co-workers would disagree) I am thrilled each time I look in the mirror in the morning or night.

I can see those Native cheek bones coming out that my mother passed on to me. My grandfather's chin is more prominent, and I am starting to see that girl again. The one that I haven't seen since 2003.

I cannot wait until the day comes when she is completely in full view and focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment