Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Girls.

It is really hard to believe, and even more so to say, that the Sarahs and I have known, and been friends, for seven years. Ouch, it hurts.

I remember the first time that I saw Sarah N. We were meeting up for the first time freshman year with others in the same major as us for a meet and greet during "Week of Welcome." She was so bubbly and blond, and had curly hair everywhere. She was wearing one of those candy colored "theme" shirts. I think it said "Easy bake oven," or something to that nature. Hot Topic special.




Sarah S. was her roommate. The first time that she introduced me to her, I thought about how I was going to have to watch what I said or did around her, the preacher's daughter and all. (Hahahahahahaha, sorry, couldn't help myself.)

We were so young and naive. We traveled in this "group," as well called it. We did everything together. Lunch, dinner, visits to the playground, 9:00 runs to Brusters for the "death by chocolate" brownie. Oh, and of course, the pet store. We would go in there for hours playing with the different puppies. Sarah N. worked at a pet store back home on the weekends and would sit there and talk to the puppies in that extremely high pitch voice. I swear only the dogs could hear at times.

We would also travel to the on campus Chick-fil-a and grab some of the candy that they had in those bins off to the side. Sarah S.'s biggest down fall...Swedish fish. (In fact, for her birthday this year, I gave her a package all to herself.)

Ah, those were good times. They were the first people to take me out for a night on the town. Granted, it was Milledgeville, not a whole lot you could do, but it was fun.



Our senior year of college, we three became roommates. Scary that we survived it. Not that we hated each other, but that we are so particular in different ways. Sarah N. had these magnets on the dishwasher and an arrow to signify whether the dishes were dirty or clean. Sometimes, just to pick on her, we would mixed the letters up or spell out different words and wait to see how long it took before she noticed.

Sarah N. loved to jump on beds and attack you before snuggling in for a good chick flick. Sarah S. would study for hours on end for her nursing program. Many times she would have to lock her from us because we kept on breaking in and "disturbing" her or some nonsense like that. Imagine, us disturbing anyone.

There were times too that we all would sit completely still and quiet. Our neighbors downstairs fought like nobody's business. The whole house would shake from their screaming. This sounds so mean, but it was freaking hilarious. They would fight over some of the stupidest things.

Ha, then graduation. Sarah N. went back to the ATL to begin her "adult life," while Sarah S. and I moved onto a different "A" town to begin ours. Now we all live separately, don't see each other as much, but the love is still there and we still have a blast when we get back together.


Over the years, we have added a couple of "newbies" to our sorority of sorts. Lin and Mel, you guys keep me young and always know how to make me laugh. I wish that you could have finished at GCSU and experienced what the Sarahs and I had, but if you had, we wouldn't have this time together.

You two really made me feel welcome when I moved here. I know that I had Sarah with me, but I still felt pretty lonely. Thanks for all the invites over the years and support.


I love you all and I can't wait to make more memories to blog about in the years to come.

1 comment: