Wednesday, March 24, 2010

There's nothing you can't do, when you're in New York.

My new favorite song about my favorite northern city. If I could move anywhere in the US, New York would be it. I know that I have only been there once, but I loved it, and I have been in love with the city for such a long time.

When I was living in good ole Milly, the fact that I walked everywhere was awesome. It felt like it was such a great community and everyone was connected. In New York, you have to walk everywhere, or take the subway. Although it is a huge metro area, there is still the sense of community.

I had a real blast there last year and have been dying to go back ever since( in spite of recent revelations). The stars were truly aligned when I won those plane tickets. That's right, I won a raffle, which I never do. The grand prize was two tickets to anyway that AirTran flies. The second I ran up there to claim those babies, I already knew where I was going.

Although I did wear the wrong shoes while up there, I still had a blast. Plus, I've learned my lesson for next time, whenever that will be.

It would be my dream to become some "hot shot" and have a place up there, perhaps even a house in the Hamptons. Just a small place for two ;)

One day, one day, my dreams will come true. I know that it scares my family for me to want to live so far away, but there are roads and those big things in the sky. You guys just have to let me spread my wings for a little bit. I will land again, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment