Friday, March 12, 2010

Down a size and a half.


Okay, so I stole that line from the Grinch. However, I am not talking about my heart but rather my pant. That's right folks, I have lost a pant size and some change.


I went to the store yesterday, Anne Taylor to be exact (if you are going to splurge, you have to do it right), and cruised the sale items. I anxiously picked up a smaller size and with my heart racing the entire time, walked back to the dressing room. As I zipped up the pants and gazed in complete amazement, the pants fit, with room to spare. Hallelujah!!!


Shortly thereafter (I was also trying on a dress), the attendant walked by and asked if everything was okay. I responded back enthusiastically that everything was "fantastic!"


Before my ex and I broke up, he had made me a deal that with ever pant size I lost, he would buy me two pairs. Well, obviously that deal no longer stands, but I have decided to keep it for myself. So, I walked out of Anne Taylor with two new pants and a shirt (did I mention that I lost a shirt size too?).


Yesterday was a good day, and so is today. I feel like I have finally gotten my new start on life underway. And who knows, perhaps my ex leaving could be the best thing that could have happened for me. Either that or Karma has finally paid me a visit.


For now, I'm just excited about my new self and the possibility of even results to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment