Thursday, March 18, 2010

Freedom, however short it is.

Yesterday I had my last final for this quarter. Three down, three to go.

This particular final was in public speaking. I know what you are thinking, "really?" At first I really resented the fact that I should have to take the class in consideration of the fact that I have been publicly speaking since the age of nine. In fact, my senior year of high school and my freshman year of college, I spent every weekend somewhere, either in Georgia, or somewhere else in the southeast speaking to one group or another. I spoke at genealogical society meetings, seminars, libraries, commemorative annual ceremonies, board of management meetings, numerous banks, and the list goes on and on.








However, when you take all this into account, it gave me a real advantage to this class, and made it an easy "A." Hey, if it helps out the GPA, why not. Public speaking was my "underwater basket weaving" per se.

I am glad that this quarter is finally over though. And how did I celebrate, you might ask? Well with a green (in spirit of St. Patty's) Blue Moon and hot wings with my little brother. We had a great time last night hanging out with him and his friends that he went to high school with. I haven't seen them in such a long time and it was so refreshing and funny to see them cut up and have fun. I know that I still think of him as a little kid, although he is grown, it still makes me laugh just watching him be, well, him.

No comments:

Post a Comment